Forums DVD & Blu-rays
New HALLOWEEN Blu-rays Coming Soon are Awful! [EXPLICIT]

I am such a huge fan of the Halloween series in general. I mean not only was it one of the first horror films I saw, but it is just amazing, in my opinion. When the first one came out on Blu-ray, I was so excited. I was pleased when I saw it, too. After I watched it, I was left thinking, are they ever going to release the sequels on Blu-ray. It looked to me as if it wouldn't happen for a while. Now, on May 3, the two sequels, H20 and The Curse Of Michael Myers, are getting Blu-ray releases. They are also getting put together on a Blu-ray double feature on the 10th.

I was so excited, until I read the product description on Amazon. Let me just say, I'm so upset. Here is what the product description said:

Format: Widescreen Language: English Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.) Aspect Ratio: 1.77:1 Number of discs: 1 Rated: R (Restricted) Studio: Echo Bridge Home Entertainment DVD Release Date: May 3, 2011 Run Time: 85 minutes

As soon as i saw that aspect ratio, I was furious. I am an aspect ratio FREAK and want to see films the way they were filmed and the way they were meant to be seen, so I was so upset at this. Also, as you can see, there are no bonus features. I think there may be a trailer, but other than that, no, not one thing.

No commentaries, no making-of, no interviews, nothing, just the bare minimum, which is exactly what I expected when you see who it's released by. It's released by no one other than ECHO BRIDGE HOME FUCKIN' ENTERTAINMENT! This is the worst thing that can happen, this shitty company gets all my favorite horror movies to make DVD's of and new "editions" and totally screw everyone over.

NO BONUS MATERIAL, SHITTY QUALITY TRANSFERS, WRONG ASPECT RATIO, they just fuck everything up! Now they're releang Blu-rays, what the fuck? I'm warning you, STAY AWAY FROM THESE RELEASES! These releases will be pure shit with cover art most likely from the VHS.

In costumer reviews they even say that the transfers on these Blu-rays are horrible. Don't buy them and fund this "company", if you can even call them that, to make more of these shitty releases, it's just not worth the fifteen dollars, in my opinion. So please, try not to pre-order them or buy them in the store, unless you collect Halloween and want them or something for your collection, but it's up to you.

Whew, glad to get that off my chest...
Tobyisoctopus Wednesday 4/27/2011 at 11:37 PM | 75103
Pick up the Canadian Blu-ray that has 6, H20, & Resurrection. There are no bonus features but they all have 5.1 DTS-MA tracks instead of the 2.0 Stereo Tracks presented here. They're available through Amazon.ca and they ship fast.
LoomisLives2010 Thursday 4/28/2011 at 12:43 AM | 75108
I might try that because I need to get these on Blu-ray. Thanks for the information.
Tobyisoctopus Thursday 4/28/2011 at 12:45 AM | 75109
Yeah dude, the Canadian BLU-Rays are OK, all films on one disc (bummer) and no special features, but they look great (especially CURSE, IMO) and in their original aspect ratios (Curse in 1.85:1 and the other two in 2.35:1) The sound is fairly decent too. Certainly the best presentations of these movies, period, but yes, they certainly skimped on ANY special features...
strangerathome Thursday 4/28/2011 at 04:21 AM | 75126
well aint that typical!! This is why i think blu-ray is more hype than a qaulity made product! i am finding more and more movies are turning out like crap because everybody brags on blu-ray! Some of the movies out there have been worthy, but for the most part the transfers are lousy and most of the time they dont even include special features which to me is the most important part of a dvd!! I am happy with my standard DVDS.
Warchief 13 Thursday 4/28/2011 at 08:43 AM | 75136
I've already picked up H20 at BestBuy for 9.99. It looks like shit, sounds like shit, and the cover art is SHIT. They totally screwed us over with these. I would rather have Halloween 2 instead of these. Definately gonna check out the Canadian releases. Oh yeah, FYI, in the 'Features' box on H2O, they mispelled stereo. SHIT-TARDS.
creephouse Thursday 4/28/2011 at 03:10 PM | 75144
You realize of course, that these are budget discs, meant to be sold for 5 bucks at K-mart. That's what Echobridge does. They aren't meant to be definitive collectors items, just impulse buy 5 dollar Blu Ray discs.
Shawn.Savage Thursday 4/28/2011 at 03:11 PM | 75145
well aint that typical!! This is why i think blu-ray is more hype than a qaulity made product! i am finding more and more movies are turning out like crap because everybody brags on blu-ray! Some of the movies out there have been worthy, but for the most part the transfers are lousy and most of the time they dont even include special features which to me is the most important part of a dvd!! I am happy with my standard DVDS.

This is an absolute ridiculous statement. Anyone that's spent any amount of time watching Blu Rays knows that this is a ludicrous thing to say.
Shawn.Savage Thursday 4/28/2011 at 03:13 PM | 75146

Well, most Blu-rays have great, amazing, high quality transfers and most do have special features. These don't have any, but most do, don't give up on Blu-rays yet because they are, in my opinion, superior to DVD's.
Tobyisoctopus Thursday 4/28/2011 at 09:47 PM | 75169
I've already picked up H20 at BestBuy for 9.99. It looks like shit, sounds like shit, and the cover art is SHIT. They totally screwed us over with these. I would rather have Halloween 2 instead of these. Definately gonna check out the Canadian releases. Oh yeah, FYI, in the 'Features' box on H2O, they mispelled stereo. SHIT-TARDS.

They are idiots, aren't they, haha!
Tobyisoctopus Thursday 4/28/2011 at 09:49 PM | 75170
You realize of course, that these are budget discs, meant to be sold for 5 bucks at K-mart. That's what Echobridge does. They aren't meant to be definitive collectors items, just impulse buy 5 dollar Blu Ray discs.

Yeah, I know, I was just letting people know that if they see them they aren't anything big that you need to buy as soon as you can. I also just wanted to give my opinion on it, but yes i do know that.
Tobyisoctopus Thursday 4/28/2011 at 09:51 PM | 75171
I've already picked up H20 at BestBuy for 9.99. It looks like shit, sounds like shit, and the cover art is SHIT. They totally screwed us over with these. I would rather have Halloween 2 instead of these. Definately gonna check out the Canadian releases. Oh yeah, FYI, in the 'Features' box on H2O, they mispelled stereo. SHIT-TARDS. 2.0 stere LOL
LoomisLives2010 Friday 4/29/2011 at 01:05 AM | 75182