Forums DVD & Blu-rays
Lost Classic SLAUGHTER HIGH Gets A Special Edition DVD!

This was one of my favorite horror flicks as a kid that was lost to me until I rediscovered it a few years ago. It seems that UK distributor ARROW FILMS is finally giving horror fans what they are craving. First, they announce THE FUNHOUSE and now SLAUGHTER HIGH, which was previously released on DVD from LIONSGATE. Read on for the details...

Arrow Films have become Britain’s equivalent to Blue Underground, having released must-have special editions of many Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci movies, as well as such clascs as Dawn of the Dead and Bay of Blood. Their latest title announced is a cult slasher that until now has received poor treatment on DVD.

Slaughter High, produced in the UK in 1984 under the title April Fool’s Day, was previously released by Lionsgate with a poor selection of special features (an irrelevant trivia track), is finally getting the SPECIAL EDITION treatment with BRAND NEW special features. Slaughter High will be released on DVD on July 10th!

The special features are as follows:

- Reverble sleeve with original and newly commisoned artwork - Double-ded fold-out artwork poster - Collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by author Troy Howarth - Available on DVD for the first time in the UK! - Introduction by co-writer/ co-director Mark Ezra - Jesters and Jolts: Interview with co-writer/co-director Mark Ezra - Lamb to the Slaughter: The Scream Queen Career of Caroline Munro - Audio Commentary with star Caroline Munro, DVD World editor Allan Bryce and author and critic Calum Waddell - Audio Commentary with co-writer/co-director Mark Ezra moderated by Teenage Wasteland author J. A. Kerswell

If you live in the US you will need a ALL REGION DVD Player to view this disc, but who knows we might get a US release as well.

SOURCE: Retroslashers.net

LoomisLives2010 Friday 4/29/2011 at 10:09 AM | 75205
Arrow destroys BU.

Some of the best Blu-Rays I have seen. I thought most Arrow was region free?
immortaldeath24 Friday 4/29/2011 at 02:46 PM | 75211
I love this movie. I just wish someone would release it in Widescreen Format!!
Anonymous Friday 4/29/2011 at 09:30 PM | 75222
Arrow destroys BU.

Some of the best Blu-Rays I have seen. I thought most Arrow was region free?

The Funhouse Blu-ray release is definitely region free, but I'm almost certain the Slaughter High DVD is Region 2 only. I'll see if I can get more info.
LoomisLives2010 Saturday 4/30/2011 at 12:24 AM | 75231