Forums Horror Movie Talk
Krueger's Return To "Elm Street" Scary In Fan Script

Last night I was honored to receive a sneak peek of the first ten pages of the Elm Street reboot script that franchise fan Arturo Portillo, who I previously interview (CLICK HERE), is writing.

I read it right away.

The horror fan in me could not wait.

This is a really unique script in the sense that it is not a remake or a sequel.

It really is the definition of a reboot.

I’m sure Michael Bay thinks his film was a reboot, but this is how it should have been.

It takes a lot of the spirit and antics from the original 1984 Wes Craven film and ups it a few notches.

It’s a very dark and atmospheric take on the story.

It really brings the story back to its wonderfully scary roots with a realistic and modern day take.

As soon as I finished reading it I quickly shot Arturo an email.

One of the things that I thanked him for was he managed to make Krueger scary again.

He’s back to being the feared Springwood Slasher.

He seems mysterious again with his face always swallowed in the shadows on an old boiler room.

The brutality of exactly who Fred Krueger, the child murderer, is back in the story.

The thing that I have to emphas is how genius this script already is.

You can tell it’s written by a fan for fans.

The attention to detail really impressed me.

There are so many iconic objects and moments sprinkled throughout that reading it really tugged at my heart strings.

I couldn’t help but to smile as it took me back to the first time I saw each of the films.This is an idea that I feel very strongly about.

It’s an idea that needs fan’s support.

People need to stand behind the amazing work of Arturo Portillo and help make this into a reality.

This is just the breath of fresh air the series is in desperate need of.

More to come...

dakotathomas Thursday 5/05/2011 at 08:41 PM | 75561
If I'm not mistaken, I remember Arturo from the IMDb boards. If I'm correct, he's no stranger to working on/with movies. I have no doubt he'd do 'A NIghtmare on Elm Street' justice.
Hunter-Nightmare Thursday 5/05/2011 at 11:01 PM | 75571
Arturo has indeed worked on several movies.

He's written and director an award winnig short film Not Human.

He was also Robert Downey, Jr. double in the film Due Date.

To top it all of he's a big horror fan.

That's so important.
dakotathomas Thursday 5/05/2011 at 11:08 PM | 75572
That's it, he was the guy who posted his short film on the ANOES remake board. Enigmawriter, I believe. Or something close to that. I've talked to him before. Always respected the amount of work he put into the work he showed us.
Hunter-Nightmare Thursday 5/05/2011 at 11:58 PM | 75573
It's about time horror fans start taking matters into our own hands and seeing what we can do! This sounds sweet so far... Hope this one and the Friday 13th reboot idea pulls through and they both are hits!
kizzle Friday 5/06/2011 at 12:20 AM | 75574
Amen!

You guys have no idea what this script has in store for fans.

It’s going to freak your freak! Ha!
dakotathomas Friday 5/06/2011 at 03:28 AM | 75590
DIEING TO READ THIS SCRIPT!!!!
Freddy-Fingers Friday 5/06/2011 at 06:26 PM | 75626
I hope to post at least a short scene, but in due time.

Arturo
enigmawriter Tuesday 5/10/2011 at 06:19 AM | 75769
Even if the season five wonderful Forenc Crime Comedy / Drama, "Bones" Bones DVDdoes not provide a ngle 'forties' style final film noir (The last episode fourth season was a great class for itself), and in many ways, fifth season was the most fun, entertaining season yet, and I offer five reasons why it is necessary for your DVD collection! It's easy to assumeHow I Met Your Mother DVD that a beautiful girl and a boy hunky star of the long-course after a season bedmates or two (many even seem to advertise for sex more than the story), but "Bones" creator Hart Hanson aware that the electricity between Brennan and Booth will work best, because their attraction is not (yet) occurred . It gives them friendship wry humor and wisdom to share a much more mature than most TV Dexter DVDcouples.But if you want more sex, "Bones," the fifth season, he, too, often with the relationship between student Daisy and sweet narrow carnivores, and, my favorite couple, the artist Angela, and type of errors, Hodgins (which gives a great turn in the fifth season, which encouraged me!) andSupernatural DVD the balance is beautiful Cam, which deals with the issues of motherhood with a teen volunteer, and sarcastic, smart, Caroline, who sees and understands everything, and looks forward to all the world to catch up! Add to play Booth grandfather, the Lost DVDappearance of ex-convict father of Brennan and other students turn terrible combination (Wendall even a romance with Angela!), and is a recipe that can not be beat ... -------------------- Buy Cheap DVD Bones DVD
marry510 Tuesday 5/10/2011 at 11:51 PM | 75831