Forums DVD & Blu-rays
BLOOD NIGHT: THE LEGEND OF MARY HATCHET Born On DVD Finally

The folks over at Lionsgate Studios have finally answered my prayers. I've been waiting forever to go out a purchase a proper copy of Blood Night: the Legend of Mary Hatchet on DVD. And come June 14th, I can finally count my blesngs.

From the Press Release:

Paying homage to clasc slasher films of the past, Lionsgate debuts Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet on DVD, Digital Download and On Demand this June.

Honored in the horror community as the 2009 Best Feature at the Shocker Fest International Film Festival, the film was also an Official Selection at several other events including the New York City Horror Film Festival, the Freakshow Horror Film Festival and more. Horror fan favorites Danielle Harris (Halloween) and Bill Moseley (The Devil's Rejects) star in this story based on a 1978 Long Island incident involving a young girl who murdered her family. Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet, includes a "making of" featurette, interviews with the director and cast as well as outtakes.

A local tradition of celebration turns deadly for a group of teenage friends. While celebrating the anniversary of the death of local student and axe murderer, Mary Hatchet, they find themselves face-to-face with their own mortal reality. Haunted, the friends run from the bloody rampage, but as the seemingly endless night wears on, they learn that they must expose the truth behind the urban legend of Bloody Mary.

Anonymous Monday 5/09/2011 at 08:47 PM | 75736
Picked this movie up on blu ray last week, as soon as i seen Ms. Harris` name attached i picked it up. It's a decent movie with some pretty cool kills. The acting wasn't amazing but it was passable. It's always good to see Bill Moseley in any movie along with Danielle, both played their roles great. The final part of the movie was a bit of a twist, not a surprise though. I really enjoyed this movie unluck a lot of slashers out lately. I'd say it's a 3/5 for me, all in all it's a fun and a decent story to watch. Here's what my blu ray looks like different then the one above.

">
AJxSCREAMx87 Tuesday 5/10/2011 at 01:41 AM | 75752