Forums Trailers and Videos
'MADISON COUNTY' is Finally Here - Updated Trailer & More!

We here at HorrorBid, try to offer our fans a broad array of information regarding horror movies. In particular, we love to dish out the goods when we hear about the details of a new indie flick. Which is why I'm excited to talk to you about this next film.

Madison County is one of those campy, inspired by true events type of movies that takes place in a remote location of the forest, in which most of the cast gets usually killed by some redneck inbred(s). I, for one, just so happen to really enjoy movies of this instance. This film has the look and feel of TCM or Wrong Turn and probably a dozen other films, so it does lack originality. But sometimes I'm willing to throw that all away, in exchange for a bath of blood and guts.

http://youtu.be/m1W9v-Z2o8s

Plot Synops:

A group of college students travel to a remote, mountain town called Madison County to interview the author of a tell-all book on the accounts of the grisly murders that happened in the town over two decades ago. Upon their arrival, the author is no where to be found and the townspeople state that they've "not seen him in years." They also deny that Damien Ewell, the notorious murderer, ever existed and that the murders never happened. As the kids start to dig around to get their own answers, they come to find that the stories, and Damien, maybe more real than the townspeople are letting on.

Madison County is directed by Eric England and produced by Daniel F. Dunn, Eric England and Ace Marrero.

Nick Principe, Katie Stegeman, Joanna Sotomura, Ace Marrero, Matt Mercer, Natalie Scheetz, and Adrienne Harrell all star.

This is currently out on DVD and Blu-ray. Be sure to pick up a copy if you get a chance.

Source: Madison County Official Webte
Anonymous Tuesday 6/14/2011 at 12:38 PM | 77447
A good attempt with some nice borrowed concepts that absolutely did not deliver. I hated the story and the plot holes, too much nonsense. I loved the direction it "could" have went but ultimately it was the little movie that could and just couldn't.
haloboyvash Tuesday 5/01/2012 at 09:48 AM | 92834
Looks pointless to me.
cat Tuesday 5/01/2012 at 12:47 PM | 92836