Forums Television
The WALKING DEAD Casts "The Greene Family"

We got some pretty BIG big news to pass on to all you Walking Dead freaks. The critically acclaimed AMC series has finally cast two more popular characters from the comic book on which the show is based.

Early into the new season, Rick Grimes and his crew of survivors will encounter a farming family that has been ravaged by zombies. Scott Wilson (In Cold Blood, Monster, Junebug) will play Hershel Greene. "He is the patriarch of the family," says executive producer Gale Anne Hurd. "He's a veterinarian with a great sense of humanity and a very unique take on the Walkers." Expect Hershel to endure great heartache as "not everyone in his family survives." Scott was chosen, says Hurd, because of his "tremendous scope and gravitas."

Maggie, who plays the farmer's daughter, is among Hershel's fortunate few children who survive the zombie epidemic. "She's in her twenties and is a survivor who ends up as a romantic interest for Glenn (Steven Yuen)," says Hurd. With sci-fi vet Lauren Cohan (Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, and Chuck) cast in the role, Hurd says "Steven's very excited!"

The pair join the

previously announced Pruitt Taylor Vince, who plays the role of the Greene's ranch hand, Otis.

Source: TV Guide
Anonymous Sunday 6/26/2011 at 02:06 AM | 77744
Yay! I love this show.

I work full time and go to school and have little time to watch tv (plus about all it is anymore is dancing with the stars and america's got talent), but I would race home to watch this show.
Sandoz Wednesday 7/13/2011 at 01:26 AM | 78454