Forums Horror Movie Reviews
The Hills Have Eyes II (2007)

Let's talk about The Hills Have Eyes, one of the scariest movies I've ever seen, not the remake, but the original. It had such visceral gore, a level of tenon that drove your nerves insane, and Michael Berryman. What more can you ask for from a movie about inbred cannibals. But that's not what we're talking about today. Today it's The Hills Have Eyes II, the unnecessary sequel to the remake. While I'm one of the people who really liked the remake, I can't same the same about the sequel. It follows a group of terrible soldiers, having just failed combat training, going out to the hills for more training. They of course run across the inbreds, and we have an hour or more of military vs cannibal action.

The main problem with the story, at least for me, is mple. Their here for training, none of them except the sarge has been here before( and he doesn't last long), so they have no idea where they are, and how to get out. Yet they keep pushing forward. I would of hiked my ass back the way I came the second the sarge was dead. But nce we keep moving forward, what goal is there to head towards? We don't know of anything ahead,

and we know of safety the other way, so why not pick the goal that makes sense. But again, that's just me.

I hear a lot of people say the remake was only saved by it's over the top gore, and of course if this is a sequel, that means it's gotta be pushed to a further limit then the original. What better way to do that then start with a child of rape being born in a cave with an inbred doctor. Starting with something like that, really makes the rest of the movie seem like a cake walk. Even though we get to see quite a bit of gore through out, and it's all quite graphic and well done, it just doesn't come close to the same level.

So

even with the problems with the story taking away from the experience with me, and some of the characters seeming just so unlikable ( thankfully they don't last too long), I still like this movie. It's unnecessary, it's nothing more then a reason for gore, but as long as you know that going in, you'll still have fun.

Score - 78% Gore - 10/10
HorrorDaily Friday 7/01/2011 at 04:23 PM | 77952