Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Heartless (2009) Review

Heartless is by far one of the best movies I've watched in a while, not like that's saying much coming off of a Final Destination binge. I went into this one not knowing anything, and I'd say I went out the same. I'm going to try to keep spoilers to a minimum, cause it's a movie that you have to think about.

Heartless is the story of Jamie, played by Jim Sturgess, a young guy who has a terrible life due to the shame he faces from his birthmark. He takes photo graphs, and gets caught up in trying to take a picture of a gang attacking some one. The gangs faces look like demons, and they have graffiti all over the place. The new's reports it as demon masks, but it looks pretty damn real.

People in Jamie's life keep dying off, until he finds Papa B, and makes a

deal to cause some minor chaos, in return he gets his birthmark removed. But you can never trust some one who deals in chaos.

That's all I'm saying about the story, I left out quite a bit, as well as the last 40 minutes or so. The movie has a long set up, but it's paid of quite well. The movie never explains it's self, and why would it. If the character is crazy, he wouldn't know it, why should we, and if what's happening is happening, why would we have answers. It's better off not knowing, it lets your think about it, and you will for this one.

The acting is top notch in this one, as well as the effects. There's not a lot of effects

in this one, but what is there is well done. The movie gets you hooked on the character quickly, and as the story keeps moving, it just starts throwing questions at you. I highly recommend this one.

Score - 96% Gore - 8/10
HorrorDaily Saturday 7/09/2011 at 05:54 PM | 78203