Forums Trailers and Videos
THE THING Prequel Trailer is Here - Must Watch!

After months of waiting and waiting we finally have a clear veron of the trailer for THE THING. This is a prequel to John Carpenter's sc-fi clasc "THE THING." I'm eager to see this, as the is one of the few prequels i feel would make sense and be neat to see the events that transpired before the story we all know and love.

Plot Synops: Antarctica: an extraordinary continent of awesome beauty. It is also home to an isolated outpost where a discovery full of scientific posbility becomes a mison of survival when an alien is unearthed by a crew of international scientists. The shape-shifting creature, accidentally unleashed at this marooned colony, has the ability to turn itself into a perfect replica of any living being. It can look just like you or me, but inde, it remains inhuman. In the thriller "The Thing," paranoia spreads like an epidemic among a group of researchers as they're infected, one by one, by a mystery from another planet.

Paleontologist Kate Lloyd (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) has traveled to the desolate region for the expedition of her lifetime. Joining a Norwegian scientific team that has stumbled across an extraterrestrial ship buried in the ice, she discovers an organism that seems to have died in the crash eons ago. But it is about to wake up.

When a mple experiment frees the alien from its frozen prison, Kate must join the crew's pilot, Carter (Joel Edgerton), to keep it from killing them off one at a time. And in this vast, intense land, a parate that can mimic anything it touches will pit human against human as it tries to survive and flourish.

pmfarmer Thursday 7/14/2011 at 06:05 PM | 78656
I just came across the trailer for The Thing.

I am not sure if anyone else has posted it.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-trailers/#/video/f749b83d-e1d0-4983-a918-a9c3914b03c0

There is a hint of CGI.

I hope they don't ruin it.
babyfivetongues Thursday 7/14/2011 at 06:06 PM | 78657
Below is the first theatrical trailer for THE THING prequel starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Joel Edgerton and Ulrich Thomsen among others.

Official Plot Synops:

At an Antarctica research te, the discovery of an alien craft leads to a confrontation between graduate student Kate Lloyd and scientist Dr. Sander Halvorson. While Dr. Halvorson keeps to his research, Kate partners with Sam Carter, a helicopter pilot, to pursue the alien life form.

Do you think a prequel is necessary? Do you think this looks like the first film?

THE THING hits theaters October 14, 2011

http://youtu.be/5KFrrgkRm
JoeTheHouseOfHorror Thursday 7/14/2011 at 06:23 PM | 78658
God.... that looks awful. Plain and mple. I might just skip over this remake/reboot like i should've done with so many of them in the past.
AgnesItsMeBilly Thursday 7/14/2011 at 06:28 PM | 78659
looks like a remake lol! ahwel, i'll try it out as always! :) cheers for da trailer
weebizkit Thursday 7/14/2011 at 07:22 PM | 78663
A hint of CGI? God, there was already WAY too much just in the trailer. Why can't they just stick to the phycal effects like what was awesome and scary in the original? They even used CGI for the ICE. Plus, why would they show someone's face start to change?.. it kind of spoils the surprise.
Kidtut Thursday 7/14/2011 at 08:59 PM | 78682
I'll most likely see it. It looks like a prequel to me.
DoubleshotJ Thursday 7/14/2011 at 09:01 PM | 78683
looks better than the game, and unlike the game i may be able to get past the first 10 minutes of it haha as for the original.. its still on my need to watch list
skum13 Thursday 7/14/2011 at 09:05 PM | 78684
Uh, i don't know about this one. I might see it.
Tobyisoctopus Thursday 7/14/2011 at 10:16 PM | 78689
Nice trailer.

I like all the nods to the original .. and the TCM remake muc doesn't hurt either! hehe

.. But I'll probably wait for it to be a rental.
attitudeinc Friday 7/15/2011 at 12:29 AM | 78702
Oh yeah.

What happened to the Norwegians?
babyfivetongues Friday 7/15/2011 at 02:07 AM | 78718
wow really come on man stop with the fucking remakes already

heartlessangel Saturday 7/16/2011 at 12:38 AM | 78770
There was CGI and it does not leave room for surprises according to the trailer. The remake that JC did at least you never knew who the thing was until it was too late. I loved it for that reason alone...ade for Rob Bottins effects :)

I guess will see one this one. At least its not a twilght movie!! A good olde fashioned monster flick!!
Warchief 13 Sunday 7/17/2011 at 09:29 AM | 78827
Wow... Most of you guys are really waaay too addicted to the good old horror times. Face it. They just don't do movies like they did back then anymore. Still You mustn't let your love for old school movie props and movie effects blind you of a decent looking horror ride when you see one. Believe me I loved Carpenter's The Thing just as much as the next guy, and the old school horror effects were certainly a huge part of it's charm and greatness. But as for me personally, I can't wait for this sweet sweet looking prequel!
Perfect_fright Sunday 7/17/2011 at 02:02 PM | 78831