Forums Horror Movie Reviews
28 days later (2002) - A second chance.

It's funny how going back to a movie you hated after a couple years can completely change your mind. I hated 28 Days Later the first time I saw it, utterly hated it. Now, having finally sat down for a second viewing, my opinion has completely changed, a full 180.A bunch of animal rights activists break into a research lab and release some chimps that have been infected by 'rage'. Rage is a fast acting virus that makes you a mindless killing machine, you just go crazy and attack who or what ever is closest to you. It takes less then a minute from the time your infected to activate.

Skip forward 28 Days Later, our main character Jim wakes up in hospital, having been in a coma, and starts to wonder around London, not understanding what happened. We meet a handful of survivors who fill him, and us the audience in. We also learn that there is a 'Safe Haven', and we start our journey to it. But not all haven's are as safe as they seem.This viewing, I loved the movie, everything about it. The story is top

notch, and it almost puts the infected in the background, and let's us see that some times the real horror is strickly human. The cinematography is excellent, there are many beautiful shots, from country de, to ruined London, there's always something that catches the eye. The acting is also top notch here, same with the effects. It's just a really good movie, and I can't recommend it enough.

Score - 95% Gore - 7/10
HorrorDaily Saturday 7/16/2011 at 06:10 PM | 78789
Danny Boyle needs to do more Horror. Period.
AgnesItsMeBilly Saturday 7/16/2011 at 07:58 PM | 78799
I was sucked into this movie from the opening scene.

It's definitely in my top ten list for zombie movies, probably top five.

The fast movers are just so much more terrifying than the casual strollers.

I really enjoyed 28 Weeks Later as well.
gummi Saturday 7/16/2011 at 11:24 PM | 78808