Forums DVD & Blu-rays
Three New Versions Of The Walking Dead Season One Are Coming Our Way On Both DVD & Blu-Ray

Fans of the Walking Dead series get ready to dig deep in your wallets once again, because Anchor Bay is about to release an all new "Special Edition" of Season One from the hit AMC show on both DVD and Blu-ray formats, and let me be the first to tell you....It's gonna be crammed with all sorts of goodness.

Check out the deets below:

"The Walking Dead, AMC's hit original series that Entertainment Weekly hailed as the "best new show on TV", gets a new release on Blu-ray and DVD this fall that’s sure to wake the dead! Anchor Bay Entertainment proudly releases the AMC original series "THE WALKING DEAD: SEASON 1 – SPECIAL EDITION" on October 4, 2011. Available in three verons (Special Edition DVD, Special Edition Blu-ray and Limited Edition Blu-ray Collector’s Tin), each set contains all x episodes of the first season and is loaded with NEW behind-the-scenes featurettes, audio commentaries, extra footage and the fan-requested black and white veron of the pilot episode. In addition to the Blu-ray special edition, a limited edition collector’s tin contains an excluve wearable zombie mask from NECA degned by the series own make-up artist, Greg Nicotero. The first 100,000 units of the Blu-ray and Limited Edition Collector’s Tin together includes an EXCLUVE Cryptozoic “The Walking Dead” trading card.

In each veron, all x episodes contain audio commentaries including award-winning Producer/Writer/Director Frank Darabont, Executive Producer Gale Anne Hurd, Executive Producer/Writer Robert Kirkman, Producer Denise Huth, Actor Andrew Lincoln, Special Effects Make-Up Artist/Consulting Producer Greg Nicotero and many more! A breakdown of each release follows:

All three verons include the following NEW extras:

-Pilot Episode: The B&W Veron -Audio Commentaries On All 6 episodes -We Are The Walking Dead -Bring Out The Dead: KNB And The Art of Making Zombies -Digital Decay: The VFX of The Walking Dead -No More Room in Hell: The Walking Dead Phenomenon -Adapting The Dead -Killer Conversations: Frank Darabont & Greg Nicotero

Each veron includes bonus features from the previous release of “The Walking Dead: Season 1” on DVD that contained the following:

-The Making of The Walking Dead -Inde The Walking Dead: Episodes 1 – 6 -A Sneak Peek with Robert Kirkman -Behind The Scenes Zombie Make-Up Tips -Convention Panel with the Producers -The Walking Dead Trailer -Extra Footage includes:

-Zombie School -Bicycle Girl -On Set with Robert Kirkman -Hanging with Steven Yeun -Inde Dale’s RV -On Set with Andrew Lincoln

Anonymous Thursday 7/21/2011 at 02:02 AM | 79030
I'm glad I waited to pick it up :) I love collectibles
HorrorDaily Thursday 7/21/2011 at 02:27 AM | 79040