Forums DVD & Blu-rays
We Have The Right To Remain Silent Forever: Maniac Cop Hits Blu-Ray In October

Synapse Films has made a nice little announcement today - and let's just say I'm going to be one happy camper this October!!For the first time ever Maniac Cop will receive the ever popular Blu-ray make-over into glorious high definition beautifulness.(Is that even a word?) Read on for the deets.

Maniac Cop - Blu-ray release: October 11th.

Innocent people are brutally killed on the streets of New York by a uniformed police officer. A young cop, Jack Forrest (Bruce Campbell, TV's BURN NOTICE and The EVIL DEAD Trilogy) finds himself marked as the chief suspect after his wife is murdered. As Lieutenant Frank McCrae (Tom Atkins, DRIVE ANGRY and LETHAL WEAPON) investigates, the death toll rises and he suspects a mysterious police cover-up. This "maniac" cop must be stopped, but it might not be so easy. He seems inhuman, and ready to take on the entire police force, hell-bent on revenge! Restored and remastered from original vault materials by Synapse Films, MANIAC COP looks and sounds better than ever in this brand-new 2011 high-definition transfer, featuring newly remixed DTS-HD Master Audio surround sound! Long condered a clasc of the horror genre, MANIAC COP was written and produced by Larry Cohen (IT'S ALIVE, PHONE BOOTH) and directed by William Lustig (MANIAC, VIGILANTE)

Bonus Features include Maniac Cop Memories Featurette Out the Window - Interview with Tom Atkins Three Minutes with Danny Hicks Featurette Motion Still Gallery Additional Japanese TV Scenes Theatrical Trailer TV Spots Spanish Radio Spot

Anonymous Friday 8/12/2011 at 12:12 AM | 80471
I am so pumped to finally be able to have Maniac Cop on Blu-Ray!!! It's one of my favorite horror movies of all time! Cannot wait!
ObscureCinema101 Friday 8/12/2011 at 12:21 AM | 80474
This is great news and even better that I wont destroy my dvd copy from playing it so much.
cropsy Friday 8/12/2011 at 12:29 AM | 80478