Forums Horror Movie Talk
Four (More) Actors That Should Return To Horror

1. Johnny Depp

When you start out in A Nightmare On Elm Street, it's hard to land a better horror movie role, but Johnny Depp has been given many great performances to horror fans. From films like Sleepy Hollow, and From Hell, to an odd little cameo in Freddy's Dead, Depp knows the genre, and it's time he returned to where he started.2. Robert De Niro

While not truly horror, Robert De Niro shocked and terrified as Max Cady in the remake of Cape Fear, and if that role doesn't say he's a man that can pull off horror, I don't know what does. He's been in films such as Godsend, and Hide And Seek, and while neither of these jump out as great films, you can always bet on a great performance From De Niro. 3. Kiefer Sutherland

Kiefer might be best known for his role of 24's Jack Bauer, but genre fans should remember him from the 87 clasc The Lost Boys, the movie with 'All the damn vampires". Kiefer has done a lot of thrillers, but his most notable horror role ade from The Lost Boys, is without a doubt, Mirrors in 2008, making him the person closest to the genre on the list.4. Kevin Bacon

One of the first few roles Kevin Bacon ever had involved getting an arrow through his neck in Friday The 13th, a kill that is near and dear to my heart. He has also starred in Tremors, one of the movies I have the most nostalgia for, and a great creature feature to boot. He's even starred along de Kiefer in Flatliners. But I think the reason Kevin Bacon needs to return to horror most, is having worked with director James Wan on Death Sentence in 2007, wouldn't you love to see him in one of Wan's films?
HorrorDaily Saturday 8/20/2011 at 03:41 AM | 81171
Johnny was also in Secret Window, but i dunno if that would count really as a horror movie...the end of it was like one XD..its more like a mind bending/psychological thriller-ish film..has a few twists..great movie..yeah, johnny need to do more horror films!! AHHH!! lol
awesomesuperdude Saturday 8/20/2011 at 05:02 AM | 81173
I don't get it..

Johnny Depp & Robert De Niro are two of the most amazing actors in Hollywood. Why would they lower themselves to horror movies of all things? Most actors only use horror films early in their careers as stepping stones to something better..
ubersteigen Saturday 8/20/2011 at 10:09 PM | 81210