Forums Horror Movie Talk
The LAST EXORCISM Sequel Is In The Works: Are You Excited?

Get ready to be exorcised again!! According to the Hollywood Reporter, the people responble for producing

the surprise 2010 summer hit The Last Exorcism are moving full steam ahead with a sequel. Writer/director Damien Chazelle has been chosen to pen the found-footage follow-up.

Pictured Below: writer/director Damien Chazelle

Despite it's PG-13 rating, The Last Exorcism grossed a whopping $62.5 million worldwide on a minimal budget of just $1.6 million. Condering the profitability of the first film, a sequel was most likely inevitable.

Studio Canal will be financing the follow-up which is slated to go into production later this fall.

Thoughts anybody? Should this sequel be made or is Hollywood getting greedier and greedier?

Source;The Hollywood Reporter
Anonymous Tuesday 8/23/2011 at 01:45 PM | 81363
Hollywoods getting greedier and greedier. Cotton is dead. They are all dead. I'm not interested in some half assed follow-up with different characters and a rehashed plot. I really enjoyed The Last Exorcism and i hope this sequel burns in hell.
AgnesItsMeBilly Tuesday 8/23/2011 at 04:30 PM | 81374
Not sure where they'll take this one...

go the prequel route maybe?

I don't know - I expected Paranormal Activity 2 to be terrible, and I actually conder it superior to the first.

I'm not excited yet, but maybe once we hit a point where we can get a trailer and full synops handed down, I'll change my mind.
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 8/23/2011 at 05:30 PM | 81377
Sorry, but IMHO the first one sucked ass. Can't believe I wasted my time with it. Very disappointed and not happy to that a movie company would waste their money on this and yet we do not have an full Blu Ray Box set of the Friday the 13th film and A nightmare on Elm street films.
Papitomx Tuesday 8/23/2011 at 10:44 PM | 81395
Sorry, but IMHO the first one sucked ass. Can't believe I wasted my time with it.

I find that people either loved it or hated it. There really isn't any middle ground. It also seems like more people hated it than loved it.

I fall into the "loved it" category. Stellar camerawork, creepy score, believable acting, funny, and it had Eli Roth's fingerprints all over it.
AgnesItsMeBilly Tuesday 8/23/2011 at 11:08 PM | 81397
It was mostly the ending that pissed me off. It was alright to about half way, though I'm getting tired of this "found footage" type movies. I think the went way off with the ending and it let me thinking, "WTF was that?" and "that's it".
Papitomx Wednesday 8/24/2011 at 12:52 AM | 81411
I'm actually excited even though I wasn't a huge fan of the first film. I thought it did enough and I suppose a follow up would be somewhat interesting.
Shakelford, J. Rusty Wednesday 8/24/2011 at 12:53 AM | 81413