Forums DVD & Blu-rays
DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW Coming to Blu-ray - Oh, What a Happy Day!

One of my favorite movies (which was originally created for televion in 1981) came to DVD last year and has now been announced for high-definition Blu-ray. This film was insanely hard to find at one point in my life and now with the recent DVD and now the Blu-ray edition coming I am on cloud nine. I literally rushed home to make sure I could put this story up. It is just one of those titles that means a heck of a lot to this particular horror fan.

Below are a list of special features and the release date for this must watch gem is October 11th, 2011. We will be giving away a few FREE copies of this so be sure to stay tuned. BEST BUY also has this up for pre-order for just $14.99 which is a steal.

Special features:* Director & Writer Commentary * Daniel Griffith Documentary * Q&A with Larry Drake * Tonya Crowe & J. D. Feigelson * CBS Network World Premiere Promo * Rebroadcast Promo * Behind the Scenes Photo Gallery

Plot Synops: When young Marylee Williams (Tonya Crowe) is found viciously mauled, all hell breaks loose in her small rural town. Officious postmaster Otis P. Hazelrigg (Charles Durning) leads a gang of bigots in pursuit of the suspect: her mentally challenged friend Bubba Ritter (Larry Drake). Finding him hiding inde a scarecrow, they exact brutal mob "justice"...only to discover a tragic mistake! Now a strange apparition stalks the land seeking each of them out, as the legend of the Scarecrow begins.

http://youtu.be/lzJNgerwCdo

Source: DreadCentral.com
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 8/29/2011 at 10:53 PM | 81794
This sounds pretty awesome. Going to have to check it out.
Ed Reilly Monday 8/29/2011 at 11:01 PM | 81796
I'm definitely snagging this one, even though I'm wondering if

the video will really benefit from a Blu-ray release.
gummi Monday 8/29/2011 at 11:08 PM | 81798
I actually am optimistic about the transfer Gummi. I will be doing a full review of it once I get a copy in so be assured I will let you know. I love this damn movie!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 8/29/2011 at 11:23 PM | 81806
Has anyone watched this yet?

None of my local stores seem interested in carrying it, so I just ordered it online yesterday.

I was curious how it looked and sounded.
gummi Friday 10/14/2011 at 06:52 PM | 85091