Forums DVD & Blu-rays
ASH is Back(Again) Lionsgate Announces The 25th Anniversary of the EVIL DEAD 2 on Blu-ray

If at first you don't succeed try again. This is apparently the mind set of Lionsgate as the gear up to re-release the Evil Dead II on Blu-ray for a second time. This special 25th Anniversary Blu-ray edition of Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn is suppose to boast "a thrilling new High-Definition 1080p transfer," - something the their last effort greatly lacked, hence their decion to go back in to remaster the film.

According to Michael Felsher of Red Shirt Pictures "Lionsgate is aware of how dissatisfied people were with the transfer on the previous Evil Dead II Blu-ray and are taking steps to solve that issue for the new edition."

Lionsgate's Blu-ray of Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn features a shit load of newly-produced supplementary materials. Early reports indicate the following goodies:

All-new audio commentary with cast/crew All-new Swallowed Souls: The Making of Evil Dead II documentary All-new Road to Wadesboro: The Location of Evil Dead II featurette All-new Cabin Fever: Behind the Scenes of Evil Dead II" featurette All-new Evil Dead II interactive archive, featuring production stills, marketing materials, production stills, and early effects tests Vintage featurettes and behind-the-scenes footage TV spots and trailers

Wow, this Blu-ray is shaping up to be really be packed and loaded!! Look for the 25th Anniversary Edition of Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn to hit streets on November 15th.

Pre-order at Amazon for only $10.49

Source: blu-ray.com
Anonymous Tuesday 8/30/2011 at 10:22 PM | 81880
And you know what Bnizzle? I'll be the first in line to buy it, LOL!!
Shakelford, J. Rusty Tuesday 8/30/2011 at 10:58 PM | 81885
I'm in for sure.

I knew there was a reason I hadn't picked up this title on BR yet!

Just one problem- They should release it before Halloween.
freakengine Wednesday 8/31/2011 at 03:20 AM | 81899