Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Come In, Sit Down, And Meet 'CYRUS' - Review

Some times a movie comes around that is just so dark you can’t help but watch it with a light on, snuggled up with your favorite pillow, and prepare yourself for the nightmares that will come. I love it when that happens.

Cyrus follows the story of serial killer Cyrus, as told to reporter Maria, played by Danielle Harris, by Emmett, played by Lance Henriksen. Cyrus starts his murderous ways when he catches his wife cheating, and offs the pair, follow shortly by the very dark killing of his infant child. The movie has balls, very big balls, and it will continue to show it throughout the next hour, only letting up for you to gasp for breathe before submerging you back in to it’s twisted world.

I will watch anything with Danielle Harris, I’m an easy sell where she’s concerned, but I won’t like everything with her in it. This has quickly become one of my top five Danielle Harris movies, and while her roll is done with the same grace you would expect, it’s really Lance Henriksen’s performance that shines. Lance plays the role of the narrator throughout the film, and the way he says some of the lines are just haunting.

The camera work is also really well done, but it can be hard to appreciate because of the low budget look the film has. Thankfully the film it’s self makes up for the appearance, and it’s something that will quickly be overlooked as your drawn into the depraved world of selling ‘Roadkill’ burgers.

This one gets a flat out 10 when it comes to goes, not just for what is on screen, but what we hear happen off as well. When the gore is on screen, it looks disgusting, in that good way we bidites swarm over. This film is not for the weak of heart, there is always something, from infanticide, to rape, and plain out misogyny. It’s a film that is going to offend, but when your main character is a serial killer who starts to slip into the same deluons associated with serial killers as they start to indulge in their fantasy.

Cyrus went from just being another film I watch for my Danielle Harris obseson into one that I recommend with the highest regards. There’s only a few things that really upset me about it. I found the actor who played Cyrus, while doing a good job, went with some odd choices in his performance in a few scenes that didn’t seem to fit the atmosphere. The other is mple. Danielle Harris needs a larger role.

So guys, check this one out, it’s On Demand #here at least# and it’s worth every penny. The atmosphere in the movie rivals that of Murder Set Pieces and Anti Christ, in tone, yet unlike Murder Set Pieces, the movie is a great watch, and not a waste of ninety minutes.

Score – 90% Gore – 10/10

http://youtu.be/cMF-pHuVZ6w
HorrorDaily Monday 9/12/2011 at 06:44 PM | 82515