Forums DVD & Blu-rays
MIMIC Gets Its Director's Cut Release : DVD and Blu-ray On Sale Tuesday!

The release of MIMIC on Blu-ray/DVD is only two days away. But before it hits shelves this Tuesday I'd like to share some awesome details that will be on the DVD/Blu-ray. Mimic will be uncut, yes we get to see the good stuff that wasn't in the theatrical veron or the TV veron. We also get to see it in High Definition, that is if you have the Blu-ray. The special features include the following: New video introduction by director Frank Henenlotter Audio commentary by director Guillermo del Toro, producer Edgar Ievins and actress Beverly Bonner Rare outtakes and behind-the-scenes footage 2001 IN SEARCH OF THE HOTEL BROSLIN video short Gallery of BASKET CASE exploitation art and behind-the-scenes.

Prepare to see Mimic like you've never seen it before!

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/592600-mimic-directors-cut-9-27-11-a.html

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com
horror3747 Sunday 9/25/2011 at 04:53 PM | 83252
So what's added or changed in the "Director's cut"?
Zombie Dude Monday 9/26/2011 at 12:37 PM | 83296
I think you have the listing for the special features confused, Mimic was directed by Guillermo del Toro not Frank Henenlotter.
xthekrakenx Monday 9/26/2011 at 02:51 PM | 83299

That's a really good question. But unfortunately I can't answer that one. nce this is the first time that MIMIC is getting released as a Director's Cut, they probably haven't placed that information on the internet quite yet. I haven't found any information online about that, so you're probably gonna have to see it in order to find out...
horror3747 Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 12:53 AM | 83330
I think you have the listing for the special features confused, Mimic was directed by Guillermo del Toro not Frank Henenlotter.

You're absolutely right. There must have been a typo or something on the webte where I got the information about the Special Features. Sorry for the confuon on that one.
horror3747 Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 01:04 AM | 83332

That's a really good question. But unfortunately I can't answer that one. nce this is the first time that MIMIC is getting released as a Director's Cut, they probably haven't placed that information on the internet quite yet. I haven't found any information online about that, so you're probably gonna have to see it in order to find out... I'm curious to find out. I have the Australian theatrical bluray so knowing what was new would be a big incentive.

Also, you can edit your original post to fix up the name mix up.

Zombie Dude Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 01:16 AM | 83337
I had realized I made a big error. One of the webtes that I got the Special Features from was completely messed up. So I realize that most of you are extremely confused. Here are the correct SPECIAL FEATURES. Sorry for the inconvenience. ALL NEW BLU-RAY DISC SPECIAL FEATURES* · Video Prologue with director Guillermo del Toro- NEW · Audio commentary with director/co-writer Guillermo Del Toro - NEW · "Reclaiming Mimic" featurette - NEW · "A Leap In Evolution - The Creatures of Mimic" featurette - NEW · "Back Into The Tunnels - Shooting Mimic" featurette - NEW · Deleted scenes - NEW · Storyboard animatics - NEW · Gag reel - NEW · Theatrical Trailer
horror3747 Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 01:21 AM | 83339
I had realized I made a big error. One of the webtes that I got the Special Features from was completely messed up. So I realize that most of you are extremely confused. Here are the correct SPECIAL FEATURES. Sorry for the inconvenience. ALL NEW BLU-RAY DISC SPECIAL FEATURES* · Video Prologue with director Guillermo del Toro- NEW · Audio commentary with director/co-writer Guillermo Del Toro - NEW · "Reclaiming Mimic" featurette - NEW · "A Leap In Evolution - The Creatures of Mimic" featurette - NEW · "Back Into The Tunnels - Shooting Mimic" featurette - NEW · Deleted scenes - NEW · Storyboard animatics - NEW · Gag reel - NEW · Theatrical Trailer

No, I was saying if you go back to your first post there should be an EDIT button. So you can actually fix your initial post.
Zombie Dude Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 01:25 AM | 83340
I tried to edit it but it doesn't work. I guess that once a post is a headline and you try to edit it, it won't do anything.

I did find something out to answer part of your first question. That for the Director's Cut, it will have restored footage.
horror3747 Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 01:30 AM | 83341
I tried to edit it but it doesn't work. I guess that once a post is a headline and you try to edit it, it won't do anything.

I did find something out to answer part of your first question. That for the Director's Cut, it will have restored footage. That's weird. Don't know what's going on there then.

Yea I knew that much. I want to know what was added and removed though. I'll see if I can find any info.
Zombie Dude Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 01:33 AM | 83342
A poster from Bluray.com posted this:

But, from what I noticed and what is mentioned on one of the featurettes, some scenes have been extended. When the CDC is at the church, there are a couple of new scenes. There is a moment where they look at the sweatshop and look at a label that says "Made in the USA and Proud!" Then there is a moment with a crazed aan woman being taken away by medics. Another aan man, either a cop or a paramedic (can't remember sorry), then translates it. She is raving about "dark angels."

The scene where they are waiting on the pregnancy test is extended. Originally, it more than implied that the test was negative. "Sometimes these things can be wrong!" As they walk away, the shot pans over to the test in the trash can. It goes from blank to a plus gn.

Later on, the husband finds the test. There is another scene where he tries to tell her, but the phones are long reception. He finally tells her at the end of the film.

They also show the treatment plant finding the carcass.

I also believe another scene is new. It begins with Mira Sorvino and her asstant looking a bug in a maze and talking about how they can certain bugs by picking out the male with sound, IIRC. Then the Corn Flakes box starts shaking. She opens the box, which says "Weird Bug" and gets bitten. NOTE: Don't confuse this with the scene where she cuts open the box. That happens later, after the asstant has left. This scene, she mply opens the top of the box and gets bitten. She then tells her asstant to find those kids that sold them the specimens.

I also think some shots here and there have been removed. I don't remember seeing the scene from the TC where the kids find the homeless man, but I could have just missed it.
Zombie Dude Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 01:43 AM | 83343
Interesting...
horror3747 Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 08:43 PM | 83362