Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Stephen King's THE LANGOLIERS (Review)

THE LANGOLIERS is about a group of passengers who are on a cross-country fight from Los Angeles to Boston, wake up and see that most of all the other passengers on board mysteriously disappeared, along with the crew. An off-duty pilot manages to land the plane at an airport in Bangor, Maine. When they get there the group soon realizes that not only those who were on the plane, but the rest of civilization is gone.

At the airport, the passengers and the pilot come across a food stand, but finds out that food and drinks have absolutely no taste or reactions when exposed to the air. Bob Jenkins, a writer explains that they somehow flew through a time rift. Brian, another passenger recalls that a stewardess had noted to him that the Aurora Borealis was spotted over the Mojave Desert on their flight path, and there's a chance they might pass near it.

Stephen King's THE LANGOLIERS is a movie that I can only watch once. The film doesn't really give you good explanation on how all of this might have happened. It's too confung to follow. The graphics in this movie was most certainly not the best, surpringly I thought the graphics from STAR WARS was better. The good of the film is the very end where they reach civilization.

Apparently this movie is also condered a horror film, what is so scary about it? This should've only been condered straight-up Science Fiction, not a horror or mystery. With that being, I'd give this movie 2.5 out of 10 stars.
horror3747 Sunday 10/09/2011 at 10:16 PM | 84104
I actually thoroughly enjoyed this movie when I caught it on the Sci-Fi (back when it wasn't Syfy) channel a couple years ago. I thought the effects on the langoliers were terrible, but I still really liked it. I liked the suspense, I don't remember much about the acting (it probably wasn't that great), and I thought the ending was just smack-your-forehead great. Sure, it's never going to be the next IT or The Stand in terms of King's TV movies (it actually reminds me a lot of Terminal Invaon), but it's a fun movie, even for just one viewing alone.
ObscureCinema101 Monday 10/10/2011 at 09:17 PM | 84382
I love this film. It's not at all a horror and its never been intended to be (people probably see Stephen King's name on i and assumes it's horror) but it is a marvellous sci-fi mystery. Sure it's kinda B grade compared to today's standards but that film is a triumph and I can watch it over and over!
joshk1986 Tuesday 10/11/2011 at 02:18 AM | 84402