Forums Horror Movie Talk
Indie Filmmaker Derek Hill Working On A Halloween Remake To Be Pitched To Dimension

30-year-old filmmaker and Visalia native Derek Hill has produced a staggering 22 films on a shoestring budget, and his next project, which he plans on producing for $500 as his own reinterpretation of the Carpenter clasc.

Hill (pictured below) is scheduled to shoot "Halloween: Vengeance" around Tulare County through the middle of November ung a cast of local actors, and hopes to pitch it to Dimenon Films as the next installment of the franchise.

The filmmkaer recently sat down with the Times-Delta/Advance-Register to discuss his vion, inspiration and return to Visalia.

"This film is actually a remake of a film I did back in 2002," said Hill. "I remade the film just because I am a huge fan of "Halloween" and Michael Myers. This is a fan film and a tribute piece to pay homage to this particular series of films."

"The original film was supposed to be a fun thing between fans. Once we started doing it, the project started gaining a lot of attention. The killer in the film is so recognizable that you can't shoot scenes without people knowing exactly what you're doing."

Hill also went on to say, "Eventually, that attention trickled down to LA. At the time I was a 21-year-old kid who was just making a film with his friends. Then, one day, I get this call from a representative with Dimenon Films saying the company heard about our project. At that time I thought, we're going to go to jail for copyright infringement. But we were actually invited to come down to a convention to meet the creators of the film."

Once the film completes Hill plans on pitching the movie to Dimenon. "The movie is going to go into post-production sometime at the beginning of the year..." "From there," adds Hill, "the film is going to be submitted to Dimenon Films and all of the producers there. We want to submit it as the next posble movie.

Source: Visalia Times Delta
Anonymous Wednesday 10/12/2011 at 07:42 PM | 84819
niiiiiice, Visalia is just a few hours from me. I hope this guys got some cool ideas, it would be pretty amazing if he could make the major leap that evades so many.
Matt_Molgaard Wednesday 10/12/2011 at 11:45 PM | 84846
I love it. I love the Halloween franchise, and a fan film in the series seems like a great idea, as long as it is done right. I look at it as who better to give the fans what they want than an actual fan. It seems to me like an obvious long shot, but what the hell right?
darkdeepwoods16 Thursday 10/13/2011 at 12:54 AM | 84861
I like the idea, but let's not forget that fans don't ALWAYS get it right. Daniel Farrands, the writer of Halloween 6, did a pretty poor effort I thought. I understand it was hard to follow up the weak and confung Halloween 5, but my point is he states he's a die hard Halloween fan, yet he was the one responble of steering the Halloween series in the point of magic, witchcraft, curses, druids etc.!
joshk1986 Thursday 10/13/2011 at 07:48 AM | 84953
I like the idea, but let's not forget that fans don't ALWAYS get it right. Daniel Farrands, the writer of Halloween 6, did a pretty poor effort I thought. I understand it was hard to follow up the weak and confung Halloween 5, but my point is he states he's a die hard Halloween fan, yet he was the one responble of steering the Halloween series in the point of magic, witchcraft, curses, druids etc.

well, to his credit, he tried to bring something really new to the series. It was awkward, and the story is a bit disjointed, but it's a pretty fair effort, and it was a great idea bringing back Tommy Doyle (Rudd kicks ass!). It was a fair sequel, and to be honest, for a xth installment, one could make the case it was great - by part 6, things are usually so bad you want to vomit, no matter what franchise it is lol
Matt_Molgaard Thursday 10/13/2011 at 03:13 PM | 85020
I wonder if he will be ung a DP mask

Johnny Bisco Friday 10/14/2011 at 08:35 AM | 85065
That's pretty cool!

Like mentioned before, hope it's done right, but however it turns out....It's awesome to get that recognition from dimenon.

Also i agree with joshk1986. H6 did take the series far off track, and they majorly messed up by not recasting Danielle Harris.
puppetmancan Friday 10/14/2011 at 04:54 PM | 85082