Forums DVD & Blu-rays
A Closer Look At The Recently Released Friday The 13th - The Ultimate DVD Collection

On October 4th Paramount Home Entertainment released a limited edition FRIDAY THE 13TH - THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION which was loaded with all sorts of goodness -and with a price tag just under $40.00 fans were certainly given the opportunity to get a lot of bang for their buck.

This awesome set features all eight Friday the 13th movies under the Paramount banner, plus a slew of bonus features, a pair of the red & blue 3D glasses for viewing Part 3 and a collectible Jason Voorhees hockey mask. The mask, while a great eye-grabber on store shelves, was obviously aimed more towards the casual fan. As expected the wearable mask which features a strong elastic strap and realistic weathering, was seriously underzed, making this more appropriate for a kid, - but die-hard Jason collectors are still gonna want to snag up this set regardless.

Jason Goes To Hell, Jason X, Freddy vs. Jason and the 2009 remake were not included in this set, due in part to their rights being owned by New Line Cinema. It should also be noted that this set was only released on DVD, so Blu-ray lovers will be left feeling blue.

What viewers do get is a solid set including every murderous moment from the Paramount-owned franchise. These include all eight films and all the previously released bonus materials for them: Friday The 13th - Uncut Deluxe Edition, Friday The 13th Part 2 Deluxe Edition, Friday The 13th Part 3 - 3D Deluxe Edition, Friday The 13th - The Final Chapter Deluxe Edition, Friday The 13th Part V: A New Beginning Deluxe Edition, Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives Deluxe Edition, Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood Deluxe Edition and Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan Deluxe Edition.

Theatrical Trailers are provided for the first x movies, while "Slashed Scenes", Director Commentary and "Making Ofs" are also a staple of the eight disc spread. There's even a Gag Reel for Part VIII.

Also included in the limited edition set is an 8-page Collector's Booklet that also doubles up as a storage case for the eight DVDs. On each page you'll find cool "Friday Facts" pertaining to the corresponding movie disc stashed inde.

One feature, which I'm sure any fan of the series will like is the addition of the "Body Count" and "Weapons Used" information which can be found on the sleeve of every disc.

The set is being billed as limited edition,with 50,000 numbered units being produced worldwide, so you shouldn't have trouble scoring this awesome set.

In clong I would recommend picking up this set only if your a true die-hard. Don't get me wrong - it's got a ton of cool features, the discs are all deluxe editions and it's reasonably priced, but it doesn't really bring anything new to the table.

Thanks to Jeff Saylor for providing the images and breakdown.

Source: Figures.com
Anonymous Thursday 10/13/2011 at 03:01 AM | 84913
I say if you dont have the deluxe editions buy it. I will say I dont like the book being used as the dvd cases. But for the price its a good deal.
DoubleshotJ Thursday 10/13/2011 at 03:21 AM | 84928
nothing new to see here and the mask sucks

sorry paramount you wont be double dipping me again
Johnny Bisco Friday 10/14/2011 at 08:32 AM | 85064