Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Cry_Wolf, A New Age Slasher? (Movie Review)

I was strolling along the other day in the thrift store when I came across the movie Cry_Wolf (2005). I decided why not give this film a try, and boy I do not regret getting this one at all.

Storyline: Owen (Julian Morris), charming new foreign student, shows up to this prep school where he is first seen all alone on campus, until he meets a foxy red head named Dodger (Lindy Booth) who explains everyone was at an assembly on campus about a recent murder. Owen then goes on to find his dorm room where he meets his roommate Tom (Jared Padalecki) who invites him to go along with him to the chapel of the school where a group of kids were playing a game of lies and truths. It is here at the game Dodger notices how great Owen is at the game and is intrigued by him. She suggests playing the game with the whole school by making up a fake serial killer who kills in the same pattern at different schools. Together Dodger and Owen concoct this killer described as wearing an orange ski mask, a heavy army camouflage coat, and wielding a knife as his weapon of choice. The killer was known as "The Wolf" and only stuck when there was a full moon. After Dodger and Owen were done with their story, they then forwarded it to all the students in their school. Little did they know that the real killer would see this email and make the murders described in the email come true. Things aren't all that they seem to be anymore at this prep school...

Review: First off I have to say the script was very well written and very engrosng! Its been a while nce I've watched a movie and was screaming YES! and smiling at the end. Overall I am VERY pleased with this movie and it's definitely on my top lists for great horror films. I want more from this film!

This movie was written and put together so well I am actually kind of surprised this movie has not been made into a franchise. The Wolf in my opinion could very well be up in the standings of Michael, Freddy, Ghost Face, and Jason.

If a sequel does come out with the same director and writers then I will be very well pleased!

Overall I give this movie a 10 out of 10. I have nothing negative to say about this film. This movie was hot, sexy, and the wolf is a sexy genius.

BloodyAdored Saturday 10/22/2011 at 03:11 AM | 85675
I LOVE this movie! I rented it with my ster and some others like 3 years ago, and i recently saw it and bought it! For being PG-13, its a great slasher movie!
zuzek1996 Saturday 10/22/2011 at 03:43 AM | 85679
I remember exiting the theatre being really pissed off at myself for having spent money on this film. The scene got EXTREMELY worse as my wife bitched at me the entire ride home about wasting money, insting i wasn't 16 anymore and should quit throwing money away on shallow teenie bopper movies, how predictable the movie was etc etc etc etc.

It was just a really bad viewing experience for me. To make things even worse, I remember quite clearly that I couldn't remember one ngle scene from the movie a ngle week after we'd watched it lol

I've been tempted a time or two to give it another chance nce, but I donn't think it's worth the verbal assault the wife will launch at me. lol
Matt_Molgaard Saturday 10/22/2011 at 04:03 AM | 85681
I totally agree that this was/is a great and underrated movie. The acting was better than I've seen in a ton of movies and I thought the story was clever and inventive. I loved all the twists and turns the movie took and loved the ending.

Everywhere I look this movie gets hate and I just don't get it. Another reason I love this movie is because it's one horror movie that my wife would actually watch with me and she enjoyed it too.
Ed Reilly Sunday 10/23/2011 at 02:27 AM | 85727