Forums Television
THE SIMPSONS "Treehouse of Horror XXII" Season 23 Review

Much like "The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown", It wouldn't be a Halloween without "The mpsons: Treehouse of Horror." And while the 22nd iteration of the series doesn't hold a candle to some of the great ones of the past - Homer in 3D, The Raven and The Shining - there were a couple of moments worthy of note. The opening includes an homage to "Apollo 18" and we even get the strings of a clasc Psycho melody as Homer sneaks away to eat some candy, later having to chew his own arm off after falling into a canyon. Sound familiar?

Perhaps the best part is in the second segment that's a send up of "Dexter." And who would be the least likely to be a serial killer who is out to do some good? Why it's Ned Flanders, of course. The opening sequence is outstanding and later in the sketch, there's an unexpected vitor we haven't seen in a while. The show may not be on par with some of the past installments, but it closes strong for anyone who is a fan of "Avatar."

One glaring overght was the absence of Kang and Kodos. They worked in lookalikes, but we the fans demand the real thing. Overall however, it was a gem in a franchise that seems to fail more these days than succeed. It's a shame we can't get episodes as strong as these each and every week but "The mpsons" will forever be a staple for our generation and a show that celebrates horror in a great way each and every year.

http://youtu.be/CAqH8HOBjno

http://youtu.be/dO46SpIZGbY
Shakelford, J. Rusty Monday 10/31/2011 at 04:29 AM | 86157
I think out of the 20+years of Treehouse, this was the worst one of them all. I love the mpsons, but wow!
skykey0506 Monday 10/31/2011 at 02:04 PM | 86180
I really like mpsons One of the Most Funny and Hilarius Cartoon on TV
ericwills85 Thursday 11/24/2011 at 11:41 AM | 87420
Hiya. I would agree. My 1st vit on

www.horrorbid.comI do laptop repair las vegas. Looks like a pleasent group here.
neeveimpole Saturday 11/26/2011 at 06:44 PM | 87558