Forums Horror Movie Talk
Michael Fassbender To Play RoboCop?

With two films already sceduled to hit theaters by year's end, Michael Fassbender is quickly becoming one of Hollywood's most sought after actors. So it's now wonder why director Jose Padilha (Elite Squad) is eyeing him to play the titular character in the RoboCop remake which is tentatively scheduled to be released in 2013.

According to Collider, Fassbender has shown interest in the project and will take a look at the script and eventually t down with the director to discuss the posbility.

"You know, I’m always open," said Fassbender to Collider. "I'll take a look at the script and t down with the director and have a conversation. It's not definitely like, "Oh, I’ve got to play RoboCop before I retire." I don't have that about anything. I don't go, "I have to play the Dane one day, or Hamlet." I don't really think like that. I just wait and see what comes up, and I'm always open to it. If I react to the script, then I'm up for anything.

When asked about the idea of being clad from head to toe in a metal suit, the actor responded, It could be kind of fun. It could be kind of good to have a helmet that I could hide behind, for most of the film, too. That sounds kind of appealing."Shame, starring Michael Fassbender opens in theaters on December 2nd. A Dangerous Method, also starring Fassbender open on November, 23rd.

Source: Collider
Anonymous Saturday 11/12/2011 at 11:01 PM | 86899
He was such a badass in Inglorious Basterds and I honestly think he can pull off Murphy in Robocop.
jasondaman8 Saturday 11/12/2011 at 11:05 PM | 86900
i think he's a perfect pick for Robocop, honestly.
Matt_Molgaard Saturday 11/12/2011 at 11:50 PM | 86903