Forums DVD & Blu-rays
Universal To Fix Their Boner In The Blu-Ray Release Of Halloween II

If you remember back in September when we ran an article about Universal somehow omitting the name of

producer Moustapha Akkad from the title card of the Blu-ray release of Halloween II, then you'll know how pissed fans were. Hell we were pissed. How could Universal make such a huge mistake?

Whatever the case may be Universal is set to fix the humongous boo-boo which should now have the late Moustapha Akkad resting peacefully once again.

According to STYD, a revised addition will be available from Universal to anybody who purchased the disc with the omison. Here is the e-mail that is going out to purchasers:

Dear "Halloween II" Blu-ray Owner,

We're happy to let you know that revised "Halloween 2" Blu-ray discs are now available.

For information on receiving a replacement, please let us know your mailing address and daytime telephone number.

ncerely,

Consumer Relations

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

So, if you have an early run of the Halloween II Blu-ray, reach out to

Universal and get your replacement copy.

Source:STYD
Anonymous Tuesday 11/29/2011 at 11:34 PM | 87649
Now they can go back and get rid of that awful cover art, and reinstate the original pumpkin with black background.
Dimiter Tuesday 11/29/2011 at 11:53 PM | 87651
I might keep mine because the original releases might become collector's items.
ObscureCinema101 Wednesday 11/30/2011 at 11:32 AM | 87684
I read on Facevook they fixed it already.
sirbrad Thursday 12/01/2011 at 08:38 PM | 87728
I might keep mine because the original releases might become collector's items.

You're right. Any goofs on artwork, misprints, etc... especially in things like 1st edition books = worth something to weirdos who collect that stuff lol.
Jonny Sicko Friday 12/02/2011 at 01:28 AM | 87738
I'll keep mine

the whole matter didn't bother me to begin with

I still say it was the print they used, and nothing against Moustapha who if I'm not mistake did sell his stake in the Halloween franchise after pt 3 came out, so it was probably the best print they had for the blu ray
Johnny Bisco Friday 12/02/2011 at 09:59 AM | 87757