Forums Television
The Official Plot Details Are Leaked For The New Darker, THE MUNSTERS Television Show

Bloody-Disgusting got their paws on some of the plot details from the reboot or remake of The Munsters TV series and I am anxious to hear what you Bidites think of the new "darker" tone we are being promised. According to the source the show will be a “strange hybrid of the popular comedy “Modern Family” and HBO’s “True Blood”. Although dark there will be a lot of heart and comedic elements.”

Plot Synops: Pilot Episode (directed by Bryan nger): “will focus on 10-year-old Eddie Munster who is unaware that he’s a werewolf, and that his family is composed of terrifying creatures. The madness begins when a baby bear attacks a scouting trip, only it turns out that this “bear” is actually Eddie transformed into a werewolf. Eddie is unaware of his metamorphos and it forces the family to move in order to protect the family secret. The coming of age story gets weirder as he fights against his family when he learns of a shocker: they’re a family of flesh-eaters!”

Details regarding the rest of the family; Lily Munster is said to have an eating disorder and only eats suicide victims. Grandpa is a 600-year-old shapeshifter and Marilyn is said to be adopted, after her mother tried to eat her as a baby. Interesting and weird, should be a mix that todays audiences might go for.

Source:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/27447
Shakelford, J. Rusty Sunday 12/04/2011 at 03:44 AM | 87870
:| not amused
BloodyAdored Sunday 12/04/2011 at 03:56 AM | 87873
If its not like the old shows then whats the point....Just another example of how hollywood and Tv will never get the big picture...
chardy Sunday 12/04/2011 at 03:52 PM | 87882
Ahhh I really don't know about this one.Some of these plot lines are definitely not doing the original show justice.But I guess will just have to see how the script and casting goes and how everything fits together.
zombie10 Monday 12/05/2011 at 04:43 AM | 87905
I'd hate to be negative about this because I love all things Munsters but this sounds alittle ridiculous. Why not just keep their origins generally the same? Why would they all be eating humans when one is a werewolf, one is a vampire, one is a frankenstein monster and blah blah blah. I just hopt they don't mess this up as badly as it seems.
weaponx Tuesday 12/06/2011 at 04:20 AM | 87946
Does anyone else think this is just too damn dark for a show known for its cheesey humor? I mean "Lily only eats the flesh of SUICIDE VICTIMS?" Holy fuck, that is really fucking morbid. And they don't say shit about Herman, you know- the main protaganist/father figure of the bunch? Jesus, let's just make everything dark, gritty, and totally brutal compared to the original- its finally time to make the Adams Family corpse raping, incest prone, child murders.......cause its gritty, and that's cool now.
Nick Death Tuesday 12/06/2011 at 06:08 AM | 87956
murderers^....my bad. But let's not forget that nothing is sacred anymore......and a HUGE part of me died upon realization of that. Just remember everything you loved about the Munsters when they were still golden...and realize all that you loved is about to get raped.....in quite an unfunny, horrorific way.
Nick Death Tuesday 12/06/2011 at 06:16 AM | 87957
...eating disorder? Suicide victims?!

CM Punk is not impressed.
DrCam Monday 12/26/2011 at 02:47 PM | 88653
BRAVO!!! The Punkster made it on the 'Bid!!!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 12/26/2011 at 07:41 PM | 88656