Forums Television
AMERICAN HORROR STORY- Ballsy, Epic, Drivin, Passionate & NEW Terror Takes To Come!

With the final episode of AMERICAN HORROR STORY finally in the books I think it is time to reflect on one of the most well written, well acted and flat-out groundbreaking shows that the small screen has ever witnessed. In the first season we witnessed a wave of emotional ties to the redents, we got aquatinted with the spooktacular "Murder House" and we saw a bac cable televion show push all the boundaries. Yes ,the Harmon family left a lasting impreson that had non-horror fans on board in droves making it one of the most talked about "water cooler" discusons in recent memory.

Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton, Evan Peters (Tate), Taissa Farmiga and posbly the greatest character of the show in my humble opinion Jesca Lange brought everything to the table creating one of the most atmospheric tales that I had ever witnessed. Ryan Murphy, and Brad Falchuk created a show that kept your interest in every episode over its 12 hour long span with the finale ringing in at an hour and a half, leaving mouths open and questions unanswered.

With a story involving hauntings from both past and present we witnessed the death and rebirth of many characters as we watched the once happy Harmon family slowly be picked apart by the curse that is the "Murder House" itself. By borrowing bits and pieces from other epic films such as THE SHINNING, ROSEMARY'S BABY, INDIOUS and a host of others the creators crafted and weaved a tapestry of mind-bending, plot driven stories that all were neatly wrapped into one truly twisted AMERICAN HORROR STORY.

What does the future hold you ask? Well, we know at this point that the series creators will be leaving the tried and true house and family only to move away to a different location and add a new tale that is sure to be as spine chilling as season one. While no one in televion history has been this balsy, and for good reason, they are going to do chapters each season that will involve new characters and new scenarios. Why get rid of the golden egg? Why leave the famous "Murder House"? Why get rid of such a terrific cast? Well it takes balls and the show itself proved that they are willing to do whatever it takes to push the limits and I have faith that we are in good hands. Needless to say, I am along for the ride and have been nce I watched the pilot episode.

Will characters make cameos in the future? One would think so but who knows what the future holds. Many great minds have thought of this "multiple chapter" idea in the past, most notably John Carpenter who wanted to make the HALLOWEEN series of films take place every year on Halloween and involve and new series of events, each being completely different than before. Now you can argue that we wouldn't have had the great Michael Myers that has become an icon but you can't deny that it isn't an intriguing idea. TRICK 'R TREAT created by Michael Daughtery was going to be another ongoing story year to year but we all know how the studio backed out on that. I applaud the "grapefruits" it must take to pull or try to pull this off and in my heart of hearts I truly think it will work.

Regardless of your thoughts on the show, what a fantastic thing it did for horror. Horror being talked about by non-horror fans is one of the most rewarding things to hear and AMERICAN HORROR STORY was on the tips of everyones tongue after an episode aired. I think AMERICAN HORROR STORY has done more for our genre than any film has in the past decade. If horror continues to be treated like this, televion may very well be the new staple for fledgling Hollywood producers and directors to take an idea that might not work on the big screen and pull in a fan-base like AMERICAN HORROR STORY did.

Here is to the future and a thanks to the past. What a ride it was and like any good haunted house we got to see the ups and downs, we got to see evil and good, we witnessed lives torn apart and piece back together again. We also witnessed the birth of the "anti-Christ". How can you end a show any better? I for one can't wait until next season to see exactly whats in store as we AMERICAN'S have plenty more HORROR STORIES to be told!

http://youtu.be/_LdthVI9Gb4
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 12/27/2011 at 02:40 AM | 88664
I hate to say it, but Season 1 of American Horror Story is better than the 1st half of Season 2 of The Walking Dead. I personally more excited about Season 2 of American Horror Story than the second half of Season 2 of The Walking Dead. Who cares if Season 2 brings a new family, new house and a whole new storyline. As long as they keep up the brilliant wiring, directing, acting; I welcome it.
syko2k2 Tuesday 12/27/2011 at 04:50 AM | 88665
i totally dig what you wrote booman and i agree with you syko2k2. the show is beter than the walking dead and to be honest i am gonna miss the shit out of the family and the house but i dig what they are doing and having the balls to do it. this show is something special and i fucking loved the ending. tate is the shit. i cant wait to see season 2.
Disturbed_voices Tuesday 12/27/2011 at 05:05 AM | 88666
This show is so sexy it turns me on while watching it! I'm not sure if thats a good thing or not haha! I love Hayden, Ben, and Tate :3
BloodyAdored Tuesday 12/27/2011 at 04:35 PM | 88679