Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Jack the Ripper hassles the Hoff in Terror at the London Bridge

Terror at the London Bridge is a made for televion horror film that says that Jack the Ripper was chased down by an angry mob after his final killing and somehow was bound to the bridge in London that was transported brick by brick over to the United States.

Only after an innocent woman somehow knicks an artery and bleeds all over one of the bricks does Jack the Ripper re-appear to terrorize and kill a new.

Only one man alive believes that the killer is Jack the Ripper.

Is it Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Nope.

Sylvester Stallone?

Nope.

Chuck Norris?

Nope.

Jean-Claude Van Damme?

Nope.

Dolph Lundgren or Steven Seagal?

Nope and Nope.

It is the number one name in hero:

David Hasselhoff.

That's right.

Michael Knight himself plays the police officer who comes to the concluon that Jack the Ripper is alive and living in the small town.

But he isn't alone, oh no, his new girlfriend also believes the story.

And why not?

No one else does.

The film moves right along with Jack dispatching victim after victim.Which is neat but the main problem really isn't with the Hoff it is with the Ripper.

Sometimes he seems to be a human being made of flesh and blood while other times he seems to be a shadowy ghost.

In one scene he can appear and disappear lently at will and in another scene he is struggling to get away from the police.Which brings me to David Hasslehoff.

He plays his character dead straight.

Too dead straight.

He takes this material so seriously it doesn't look like he is having any fun at all, which is the polar oppote from what he did in Anaconda 3 which he didn't seem to take very seriously at all.Also saddled into this mess is Adrienne Barbeau.

Why is she in this you ask?

She was in every other horror film why not this one too.

I also think that Clu Gulager is playing the chief of police in this film.Is it perfect?

No.

For a made for cable movie it isn't horrible, but it really isn't that good either.

As far as I know the only way to see it is on a low res VHS.I recently have read that the real London Bridge was actually moved to the U.S. and that there is a myth that the bridge is actually haunted by the ghost of Jack the Ripper.

Now a film about that would be a lot better than this was.My final verdict for this film is ** out of *****.And if anyone who has seen this film can explain the ending of it to me I would greatly appreciate it.
JohnCarpenterfan Monday 1/16/2012 at 03:32 AM | 89533