Forums Horror Movie Reviews
WTF Movies: "Frogs" (1972)

nce the posting about "The Baby" seemed so popular (Click Here), I'm going to continue with stories about movies that make you just scream "WTF" in a good way or a bad way. While "The Baby" was one that had me roaring with laughter, probably for all of the wrong reasons, I need to vit the other de of the spectrum. If my suffering means you don't have to, I can accept that. I present to you, from 1972, "Frogs".

"I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERF**KING SNAKES IN MY MOTHERF**KING CHANDELIER

Other scenes in the film that will have you scratching your head in disbelief include, but are not limited to...

- Something milar to the tree rape scene in "The Evil Dead". - Reptiles demonstrating the intelligence of a James Bond villain as they poison people with pesticides. - A man wrestling an alligator in the swamp where you can CLEARLY see the alligator's mouth is taped shut with black electrical tape. - A woman gets stuck in mud only to have a snapping turtle very slowly make its way towards her while she screams in terror. When her body is discovered, she is covered with blue crabs. You don't even get to see the snapping turtle kill her!

Now...knowing all of this, I hope I have made a convincing enough argument for you to avoid this film like you would avoid an ex lover. I'm all about enjoyable bad movies. But this one was pretty close to being on the level of horrendous that "Birdemic" is at. It's been said that we all kiss frogs at one point or another in our life. Here's hoping many of you will not subject yourself to this. For you brave few who decide to give it a try, good luck.
CZW_CJBecker Monday 2/06/2012 at 10:04 PM | 90222
I wonder if the writer of Leonard part 6 saw this film and thought "hey, this could work as a comedy"?

Didn't Stephen King write a short story about killer frogs.

Excellent review and I will definitly be sure to avoid this one.

Even the trailer has me saying WTF.
JohnCarpenterfan Sunday 2/12/2012 at 04:52 AM | 90396
I've got this one in my collection..I like the movie, it's not good, but it has a certain charme to it, and although the story is pretty redicilous, it's a nice entertainment for people who like B-flicks..so not only am i still watching this charming piece of c..I also still see my ex-lover
UberJason78 Sunday 2/12/2012 at 09:25 PM | 90406