Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Are You Scared? Movie Review

Every good movie contains at least some continuity and creativity. Are You Scared, however does not. The movie starts off like every other Saw movie, creepy voice, some weird torture device, and a hopeless victim. The victim has to make it out of this life or death tuation within a time limit, facing their biggest fear if not they will die. Have we seen this before? YES.

For those of you who do not know me, I love special effects makeup, and I can be VERY picky when it comes to the makeup looking real or not. Well, this movie I must say all the makeup looked decent, but for the love of horror CONTINUITY in the makeup would've been nice!!! We see this burnt faced killer in this movie who seems to have more burns, less burns, or the burns switch complete des on his face in the movie. FOR F*CKING SAKES THIS IS WHY YOU TAKE PICTURES AFTER YOU DO THE MAKEUP THE FIRST TIME SO YOU CAN REPLICATE FOR FUTURE FILMING DAYS!!!! On top of this, I must say, orange eyeshadow for the chick wearing the orange shirt? Very creative..... NOT.

However, I must give props to tying someone's hands with their own intestines was a pretty awesome idea. But seriously this film just flat out sucked, with bad CGI, a lack of continuity, and creativity.

I give this movie a 1 out of 10. For the love of horror, just avoid this film.

All fluff and no filler.... http://youtu.be/gqdvJpleimM
BloodyAdored Sunday 2/19/2012 at 07:35 AM | 90607
Haha.... nice review. I actually thought this movie was enjoyable in a really cheesy b-movie type of way. That's my opinion I guess.
TheyCallMeGhostface Monday 2/20/2012 at 12:17 AM | 90643
Yes, I will admit this movie was mildly entertaining, but the story has already been done.
BloodyAdored Monday 2/20/2012 at 12:51 AM | 90647