Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Netflix Instant - 2010's "Black Death" (Like or Dislike)

Sean Bean stars in this historically rooted horror-thriller as Ulric, a church-appointed knight in the age of the Bubonic Plague's first wave who's tasked with investigating rumors of a woman (Carice van Houten) who can bring the dead back to life. A young monk (Eddie Redmayne) named Osmund is aiding Ulric on his quest to root out the necromancer -- and to determine whether or not she has ties to Satan.

My Thoughts: Religion ade, this is a great thriller. The fight scenes are exciting and the acting is great. The story is very interesting and I enjoyed the few surpring twists along the way. Although the film is based around religion, I felt it was more about Osmund's struggle with love, betraying God, and where his grief took him. Its dark, depresng, and bloody. It was a much better film than I had expected it to be.

http://youtu.be/sj3Jw1DLGpA
indygogo Saturday 3/10/2012 at 11:07 PM | 91314
Not a bad flick.Sort of a Medieval telling

of The Wicker Man.Sean Bean in his element.Lots of atmosphere.
roho65 Saturday 3/10/2012 at 11:53 PM | 91316
Hmm, I may have to check this out. Sean Bean + a sword typically adds up to a good film either way!
dew Sunday 3/11/2012 at 12:38 AM | 91321
I loved this movie. I had read a lot of people saying it wasn't very good, but I thought it was excellent. And I am a huge Sean Bean fan anyway. I loved him in the remake of the Hitcher.
Crymson Sunday 3/11/2012 at 01:46 AM | 91327
Hated it..Thought it was going to be a lot cooler..And there was too much preaching about how "religion is bad"..I hate that kind of preaching just as much as I hate religious preaching.
Moon Monday 4/16/2012 at 05:45 AM | 92498