Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Feeling Sick? It's Time To Book An Appointment With "DR. GIGGLES"- Review

" For extreme illnesses, extreme treatments are most fitting - Hippocrates " appears over a blank screen, and as it fades we're treated to credits, flowing around the blood stream, pulling out and showing us our title character, performing open heart surgery. Our title character being that of the insane Dr. Giggles, nicknamed so because he thinks he's a doctor, and because he is always giggling, and the patient being one of the many kills in the opening sequence of the doctor escaping the hospital.Dr. Giggles has a great start for what looks by all means, to be a terrible movie, and for the most part, manages to keep the film going moderately strong through out it's 95 minute

run time. The film follows Jennifer Campbell around, her mother's recently been in an accident, she has a heart condition, her boyfriends lack of understanding, her fathers new girlfriend, you know how it goes with slasher films, while the character does have a rich background, it's all boring in wait for the doctors vits.The film really work's best because of Dr. Giggles, played by Larry Drake, who uses these wacky home-made surgical tools, while sprouting off terrible one liners ( " It's a good thing I make house calls"), and all the while letting out a high pitched giggles. The doctor speaks to the best of B-horror killers, such as Horny The Clown, or Jack Frost, and plays it rather straight-faced, which always leaves a funnier impreson than winking at the camera.

While the acting is weak on the most part, what it lacks in acting it makes up for with early 90s fashion disasters, and some great camerawork. The film is surpringly engaging, showing a technical understanding one wouldn't expect from a film with such a concept. The film also managed to have a few gruesome scene's on a caliber I wouldn't of expected, such as a small child climbing out of the inde of a corpse, which was rather unsettling.I highly recommend Dr. Giggles, it's a fun slasher film, that does just what it sets out for, to have fun, and even manages to deliver some chills along the way. While some of the acting isn't the best, Dr. Giggles steals every scene he's in, albeit there's not enough with him.

Score - B+ Gore - 8/10 Quality of Gore - 7/10http://youtu.be/LiCOp12JeRY
HorrorDaily Tuesday 3/13/2012 at 07:12 PM | 91394
Excellent review! Totally agree! When I was a kid I was fascinated by this movie. Really lovin this for nostalgia!
1428Elm Tuesday 3/13/2012 at 09:44 PM | 91397
Great review.

I really love this flick.

Holly Marie Combs who played Jennifer is coming to the Wizard World Comic Con in Chicago this year and I am going to have her gn my Dr. Giggles dvd!

Great review!
JohnCarpenterfan Saturday 3/17/2012 at 02:35 PM | 91502