Forums Trailers and Videos
The Official Trailer For 'Dark Shadows' Is Finally Here!!

The title say's it all in this one. Having missed the Ellen Degeneres Show today for the umpteenth time, sadly we missed the premier of the official trailer for Tim Burton's latest venture into filmmaking, which aired on the show earlier today. But thanks to the power of the Tube and the dere to bring you the most juiciest of goods, our dreams have come true, and yours are about to as well.

In addition to the brand new Dark Shadows trailer, we also have a really rad poster which has also made it's visual debut today - and you can conder this a 2 for 1 for all the loyal Bidites out there, who truly make this webte the best on the web. Without you, we wouldn't exist!! Enjoy, and by all means, let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.

Look for Dark Shadows to hit theaters nationally on May 11, 2012.

Source: the 'Bid
Anonymous Friday 3/16/2012 at 12:29 AM | 91473
Oh god. How horribly cheesy and campy. Color me disappointed.
dew Friday 3/16/2012 at 12:38 AM | 91474
Ive watched this like 5 times already.It looks amazing!Now Ive never watched any of the original Dark Shadows but reading some reactions some say this looks alot different than the show but personally I freakin love Tim Burton and I think this is some clasc Burton work.It's dark,its humorous and just looks like an enjoyable movie that I think and hope will be a success and make up for the not-so-great Alice in Wonerland....
zombie10 Friday 3/16/2012 at 12:40 AM | 91475
This movie is gonna be a joke.I can't believe Tim Burton turned Dark Shadows into a freaking comedy. Shame on him!!
Anonymous Friday 3/16/2012 at 12:42 AM | 91476
What's that?!! What the use to take a Tv show to turn it into that!!?? After "Wild Wild West", "The avnegers", "Bewitched", now that clasc Tv show is turn into that!!! After what ? "The Walking Dead the movie" with Adam Sandler??? Pearheaps it's a good movie, but why taking the name "Dark Shadows" for that?
Bloodyandrewjackson Friday 3/16/2012 at 01:59 AM | 91480
Really? This is the best idea he could come up with? Tim Burton used to be a vionary director that created unique worlds that even when tinged with humor evoked an overall sense of dread and gothic horror. The trailer started off strong and then by the time the campy jokes and Barry White hit, it lost me completely. I hope that the people who cut the trailer just did a piss poor job and that the humor is not as prevelant throughout the film as this trailer would make it seem.

It honestly looks like Tim dug up his "fish out of water" fairytale story from Edward Scissorhands, added a little goofy Mars Attacks comedy to the mix, weird characters that would not look out of place in a Beetljuice sequel and Depp turning it up to eleven while channeling parts from his former performances. Burton's now resorted to borrowing from himself. This is how I see it...

The story of a man that has been locked away from the world and is learning to cope with the "new" strange world around him is obviously borrowed from Scissorhands and it is made even more obvious by the fact that Depp played the character in that movie too. The big difference in the characters is that while Edward was a wide eyed innocent, Barnabas is a confident experienced nobleman. The jokes of the charaters reactions to common everday things perplexing them is still horribly milar though. It's a tired shtick Mr. Burton, get a new one!
Anonymous Friday 3/16/2012 at 01:22 PM | 91484
I am a huge Dark Shadows fan and have been for quite a while, I think this looks awesome!
Darkly_dreaming Sunday 3/18/2012 at 01:51 AM | 91520