Forums Television
Meet The New Grandpa Munster, Casting Kicks Off For 'Mockingbird Lane'

Casting is now officially underway for NBC's upcoming Munsters reboot entitled Mockingbird Lane.

Brace yourself Bidites, it has just been confirmed that stand-up comedian,Eddie Izzard has been cast to take on the role of Grandpa Munster, a role which was original played by the late great Al Lewis. Izzard has appeared in such features like Ocean's Twelve(2004),Valkyrie, and will soon be appearing in the upcoming Snow White and the Hunstman. Thoughts on this - we'd love to hear 'em?

The reboot, which is set to be much darker than the original goofy-tcom we all know and love, is being developed by Bryan Fuller and the pilot episode is set to be directed by Bryan nger, nger is also set to serve as an excutive producer for the show aswell.

Stay tuned for more casting announcements in the days to follow.

Source: STYD.com
zombie10 Tuesday 3/20/2012 at 11:33 PM | 91586
I adore Eddie Izzard beyond words, but in a comedic sense - if this reboot is supposed to be darker, I am unsure of how well the role would go for him.

As it is, I remain none too pleased with the entire idea.
dew Wednesday 3/21/2012 at 01:56 AM | 91595
Two words for this Epic Fail have they not learned there lesson about making reboots of tv series looks at these

Knight Rider Failed

Wonder Women never even made it

Charles Angels Failed

Bionic Women Failed

enough already
Nightmareblade17 Wednesday 3/21/2012 at 05:02 AM | 91603
Two words for this Epic Fail have they not learned there lesson about making reboots of tv series looks at these

Knight Rider Failed

Wonder Women never even made it

Charles Angels Failed

Bionic Women Failed

enough already

Night Stalker, Dark Shadows Revival, etc...
dew Wednesday 3/21/2012 at 08:57 PM | 91614