Forums DVD & Blu-rays
Enter The 'Theater Bizarre' This April: DVD Street Date Announced!

Horror anthologies have always remained near and dear to my heart for a long time. Some are really shitty (Chillerama) and others are real gems (Trick 'r Treat), and then there are those that remain like no other that you've even seen before, and I have a real good feeling bubbling deep inde of me that say's that The Theater Bizarre may fall into this category.

Having already enjoyed a successful 2011 festival run, and a theatrical release which expanded to several major cities in the U.S., The Theater Bizarre which is a boundary-pushing anthology featuring stories of ancient evil, love, obseson, addiction, gluttony, sexual nightmares, pain, brutality and of course, death will now be making its way to DVD on April 24, 2012.

The film, which comes to us from Image Entertainment, was directed by seven veterans of the horror genre including Richard Stanley (Hardware), Buddy Giovinazzo (No Way Home), Tom Savini (Night of the Living Dead (1990)), Douglas Buck (sters), Karim Hussain (Ascenon), David Gregory (Plague Town) and Jeremy Kasten (The Wizard of Gore (2007)).

http://youtu.be/I4-oYQxexec

Plot Synops:

Down a seedy city street, a young woman is obsessed with what appears to be a long abandoned theatre. One night, she sees the front door slightly ajar and impulvely decides to sneak inde. But there in the vast, eerie auditorium, a show unlike any other unfolds before her eyes. Its host is an odd marionette-like man who will introduce her to x tales of the bizarre: A couple traveling in a remote part of the French Pyrenees crosses paths with a lustful witch; A paranoid lover faces the wrath of a partner who has been pushed to her limit; The Freudian dreams of an unfaithful husband blur the lines between fantasy and reality; The horrors of the real world are interpreted through the mind of a child; A woman addicted to other people's memories gets her fix through the fluid of her victims’ eyeballs; And a perverse obseson with sweets turns sour for a couple in too deep. But as the stories unfold, something strange is happening to the woman. Something irreverble and horrific. Something that awaits its next audience in The Theatre Bizarre.

Source: the 'Bid
Anonymous Tuesday 4/03/2012 at 11:31 PM | 92101