Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Netflix Instant - "Pet Sematary" Just Added! (Like or Dislike)

Jud Crandall: Sometimes dead is better. "A Pet Isn't Just For Life."Pet Sematary is a disappointing film to me (but one that is such a guilty pleasure) just because of how much I liked the book. The book was extremely creepy and this plot works best in your mind. Of all Stephen King's books, Pet Sematary has to be my favorite. It had an awesome premise and some of his creepiest ideas thrown into it. As a King adaption, it's decent, not one of the best not one of the worst.nits not down at the bottom with Dreamcatcher or up at the top with The Shining, but in the middle with Secret Window.

Louis Creed movies his family to rural

Maine from Chicago. He has a young daughter and son. The first thing he notices about his new house is that it ts on a deadly road. All day and night trucks speed by their house. His neighbor tells him that the road is reason for a cemetery called Pet Sematary that is right down a path from the Creed house. Beyond that cemetery is a more nister plot of land that comes into play deeper into the story. The best thing about this movie is Fred Gwynn as Jud. He is perfect int hat role and when I read the book, my picture of Jud was nearly a mirror image of how he is played by Gwynn. Too bad every other actor in this movie totally sucked. The movie displays one of the worst husband, wife actors I have ever seen in Dale Midciff and Denise Crosby.

The movie doesn't come close to the creepiness level in the book, but still the movie has a couple of images that could be condered creepy. Zelda being number one and that little kid being number two. I can't say the movie particularly scared me, but it was fun seeing the book brought to screen anyway.

http://youtu.be/AXZea1oHI8w
Shakelford, J. Rusty Thursday 4/05/2012 at 04:06 AM | 92133
I can never help but flinch at the Achille's slice!
dew Thursday 4/05/2012 at 04:14 AM | 92134
Agreed!
Shakelford, J. Rusty Thursday 4/05/2012 at 04:21 AM | 92135
LOVE this movie!
joshk1986 Thursday 4/05/2012 at 01:21 PM | 92147
Pet Sematary is great but also kinda depresng.
DoubleshotJ Thursday 4/05/2012 at 07:33 PM | 92154
One of my favorites! RIP Jud!!!!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 4/05/2012 at 11:51 PM | 92161
Not a bad film at all. It has substance, but has some lacking points as well.
aceofspades70 Friday 4/06/2012 at 04:33 AM | 92171
Not a bad film at all. It has substance, but has some lacking points as well.

Fred Gwynn as Jud Crandall makes up for anything lacking in this movie for me. A movie that I can literally watch over and over again! And where is the remake that we've been hearing about for so long? Interesting that it has been so quiet on that front.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 4/06/2012 at 08:21 AM | 92180