Forums DVD & Blu-rays
"Fright Night Part 2"...How NOT To Release a DVD

220px-Fright_night_part_ii_ver1.jpg

I managed to get my hands on one of the eluve DVDs for "Fright Night Part 2". This is one of the absolute WORST DVDs I've ever purchased. The story is fine, yet lacks some of the bite the original had. My biggest gripe is how the DVD was put together though. You can tell it was a hasty release by Artisan.

- Full Screen release; no Wide Screen verons. - The transfer of the film appears to have been directly from a VHS. There are points where the screen goes green or static appears. Needless to say, this should NOT be happening. - Poor sound quality. When you turn it up to hear parts of the movie that are quiet, you can hear a hisng sound...presumably from the VHS. - No special features.

Unless you're a collector of rare DVDs (this one is actually worth some money) or a die hard "Fright Night" fan, I'd definitely avoid this one. Here's hoping it will get a proper re-release at some point.
CZW_CJBecker Thursday 4/05/2012 at 08:08 PM | 92157
I own a copy of this great film sequel.While it would have been nice too had a better transfer and for it to have been released on widescreen im just happy it got a release.I bought it on ebay in August 2010 for $42.99 plus $2.99 shipping. It was expenve but well worth the money.
horrorlord Saturday 4/07/2012 at 04:15 PM | 92239