Forums DVD & Blu-rays
ABC's 'The River' Is Meandering Its Way To DVD This May

Never being that big of a fan of the ABC paranormal/action/horror/found-footage series The River, created by the one and only Oren Peli and Michael R. Perry, I must admit that I could care less when I learned that all 8 episodes from the series will soon be heading home to DVD. But it doesn't really matter what I think, now does it? It's just my job to share the news.

According to ABC Studios, which made the word official earlier, season one of "The River" is expected to street on May 22nd. No extra content has been revealed yet, but it's probably safe to say that the disc will contain bonus features and deleted scenes of some sort. Stay tuned for more.

Currently ABC has yet to pick up the series for a second season, but it has been rumored that Netflix is in talks with ABC Studios about posbly continuing the series on its video-on-demand digital distribution service.

Source: DC
Anonymous Friday 4/06/2012 at 06:16 PM | 92194
The River — The Complete First Season", the package will include all eight episodes in their entirety and will feature deleted scenes and episode audio commentaries.
Nightmareblade17 Saturday 4/07/2012 at 03:32 PM | 92238