Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Blackest Eyes/The Devil's Eyes

Just wondering which you prefer...

Seeing the eyes of the Michael Myers' mask be black, or actually seeing his eyes through the mask...

Personally, I get more creeped out by the dark eyes, where you can't see into the mask to really distinguish the shape from the man (although for the close-up shots... I think it's really best to see the eyes... it's scarier).

So overall, nothing gives me a feeling like I get when I look into the black eyes of Michael Myers, knowing that whatever is behind the mask is staring right at me.
Myers31TKD Monday 2/04/2008 at 05:29 AM | 1963
I am with you on that as well. Sometimes it makes sense to see them and is really creepy and other times it is nice to not see them. However, the thing I hate is when they blacked the eyes on the H6 mask. I like the shadowed look and camera work to not see the eyes, not blatant felt covering the eye holes. Good topic...
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 2/04/2008 at 05:33 AM | 1964
I am with you on that as well. Sometimes it makes sense to see them and is really creepy and other times it is nice to not see them. However, the thing I hate is when they blacked the eyes on the H6 mask. I like the shadowed look and camera work to not see the eyes, not blatant felt covering the eye holes. Good topic...

Yeah... I dont like the covered eye holes either. I mean come on... it's so obvious sometimes!
Myers31TKD Monday 2/04/2008 at 05:37 AM | 1966
dark shadows only with the exception of an extreme close-up, then I like seeing the eyes.

One of the MAIN things I hated about Jason X, almost all the Fridays before it you could never see Jason's eyes in the mask (except for close-ups) then in X you see his eyes almost the whole time.
DaShape Monday 2/04/2008 at 05:41 AM | 1967
I think they blacked the eyes in H4 as well, can't remember for sure.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 2/04/2008 at 05:42 AM | 1968
dark shadows only with the exception of an extreme close-up, then I like seeing the eyes.

One of the MAIN things I hated about Jason X, almost all the Fridays before it you could never see Jason's eyes in the mask (except for close-ups) then in X you see his eyes almost the whole time.

I hated that in Jason X as well... seemed sort of stupid to just do that all of a sudden.

I hated Jason X all together!

Myers31TKD Monday 2/04/2008 at 05:50 AM | 1971
I think they blacked the eyes in H4 as well, can't remember for sure.Yeah... I think there are scenes in H4 where you can tell that they covered them with mesh or whatever. I guess it's just for the shots that are brighter, and might let light in, because they weren't covered all the time.
Myers31TKD Monday 2/04/2008 at 05:51 AM | 1972

I agree.. I prefer the shadowed look... and really didn't like the felt covering the eye holes... it seemed cheap to me.
GrampaGruesome Monday 2/04/2008 at 05:53 PM | 1997