Forums DVD & Blu-rays
Lionsgate To Release 'The Cabin In The Woods' To Blu-ray & DVD This September!

If you haven't seen The Cabin in the Woods yet, then your misng out on a truly original experience into horror, which is why this is a must have for any horror collection once it hits Blu-ray and DVD this September.

No special features have been announced thus far for the Blu-ray and DVD release, but we do have a shot of the artwork to ogle.

The Cabin in the Woods stars Kristen Connolly, Chris Hemsworth, Anna Hutchison, Fran Kranz, Jesse Williams, Richard Jenkins, and Bradley Whitford. Drew Goddard directs from a screenplay which he also penned along with Joss Whedon.

In the film, "Five friends go to a remote cabin in the woods. Bad things happen. If you think you know this story, think again. From fan favorites Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard comes THE CABIN IN THE WOODS, a mind-blowing horror film that turns the genre inde out."

Look for the Blu-ray/DVD to street on September 18th.

Stay tuned for an official announcement soon!

Source: the 'Bid
Anonymous Saturday 6/30/2012 at 01:10 AM | 94123
OH HELLS YEAH! I loved this movie! It's funny tho, I listened to House of Horrors review on it today and was surprised how much Tom (i think, it couldve been joe) who despised this film lol. I loved his rant about how and why he hated it. But I really enoyed and ill def be picking it up
kizzle Saturday 6/30/2012 at 03:07 AM | 94135
OH HELLS YEAH! I loved this movie! It's funny tho, I listened to House of Horrors review on it today and was surprised how much Tom (i think, it couldve been joe) who despised this film lol. I loved his rant about how and why he hated it. But I really enoyed and ill def be picking it up

That was a good show and you were right, it was Tom, what a hater he is! Long live The Cabin in the Woods!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 6/30/2012 at 03:12 AM | 94138
Lol no doubt! But I wanna get your thoughts on this idea i had for a sequal. I guess it'd be more like a reimaginig/ alternate veron or something. I know it could be only pulled off if Whedon and Goodard were behind it someway... But how about take the same characters/actors but have them choose a diff villian or diff way to die? Like instead of the torture zombies have them summon another demon/monster for it to killl them. I know theres not much they could really do diff in terms of the "government" or the people in the lab. But i think in some way it could work if they just changed a few things. IDK... But it was just an idea i thought could be cool. Maybe the merman could crawl its way outta a ditch and fuck them all up lol... jk jk
kizzle Saturday 6/30/2012 at 03:41 AM | 94141
Lol no doubt! But I wanna get your thoughts on this idea i had for a sequal. I guess it'd be more like a reimaginig/ alternate veron or something. I know it could be only pulled off if Whedon and Goodard were behind it someway... But how about take the same characters/actors but have them choose a diff villian or diff way to die? Like instead of the torture zombies have them summon another demon/monster for it to killl them. I know theres not much they could really do diff in terms of the "government" or the people in the lab. But i think in some way it could work if they just changed a few things. IDK... But it was just an idea i thought could be cool. Maybe the merman could crawl its way outta a ditch and fuck them all up lol... jk jk

That's actually a good idea , but not really in "Movie" terms, it would be awesome to make like a comic book series out of it. Each comic could be a different fate/ending/kills. It would be really bad ass.. Oh and Joss Whedon would definitely have to write them haha.
elmstreetjme Saturday 6/30/2012 at 05:29 PM | 94170
Very true! I guess in movie form it prolly would suck. Too bad i dont have the resources to make and print my own ccomic books!! GRR
kizzle Tuesday 7/03/2012 at 12:02 AM | 94247