Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Monster Battle Royale: Monster Brawl (2011)

Monster Brawl

Writen and directed by: Jesse T. Cook Starring:

David Foley, Art Hindle, Robert Maillet, Kevin Nash, and Jimmy Hart (among others)

Trailer:

The movie turns out exactly as you'd expect.

There's a ring of battlement in the middle of a cemetery, and the matches take on the drama of ridiculous Pro-wrestling action. It's more or less a series of WWE wrestling matches, with monsters lol.

However, much hilarity ensues.

There is absolutely no story to it lol.

Monsters were captured or coerced into fighting in a battle to the death, and ade from colorful commentary, that's all there is to it.

We have clasc monsters such as Frankenstein, a female vampire (with great boobs), a witch, a cyclops (who undoubtedly has some great lines for such a B movie), a zombie, werewolf, swamp creature, and a mummy.

The action takes place as if it's a legitimate pro-wrestling match.

There is commentary from such individuals as Jimmy Hart, and Kevin Nash.

The "interviews" for lack of a better word, are nothing short of hilarious.

I really don't know what the point of this movie served, but I found it immensely entertaining.

Overview:

I feel like this movie could've definitely been made a commercial success.

The downfall: Apparent low budget, lack of marketable stars, and poor writing.

For some reason, even though this movie was more or less terrible, it played directly to the 11 year old still living inde me.

Who doesn't compare and contrast horror icons and think about who would win in a Battle Royale?

If a greater budget was present, and copyright laws weren't an issue, a movie with even a premise such as this would definitely be interesting.

The ideas presented in this film were novel, but subjected to cost, were made into a somewhat disappointment.

However, I'm a firm believer that any movie's value can be increased through the libations of known legal and illegal vices.

That being said, load up to capacity, and you may find quite a fun ride.Rating:

7 and a half beers out of 10.
Jonny Sicko Friday 8/03/2012 at 02:09 AM | 95271