Forums DVD & Blu-rays
Gremlins Director Joe Dante Returns To The Big Screen This September With 'The Hole'

A bit of updated info for Joe Dante's latest offering The Hole has hit our inbox today revealing a couple of key dates that we can expect to see the upcoming film once it hits theaters as well as when this intriguing little flick will launch on Blu-ray & DVD. Read on for the official press release.

From vionary director Joe Dante comes a suspense thriller that explores the fears and secrets buried deep in the human mind. Life couldn't posbly get worse, or so thought 17-year-old Dane (Chris Massoglia) and his 10-year-old brother, Lucas (Nathan Gamble), when their ngle mother, Susan (Teri Polo), uproots them from New York City to the sleepy little town of Bensonville. For Dane the only exciting thing about their new town is the beautiful girl next door, Julie (Haley Bennett). With Susan spending more and more time at work, Dane and Lucas are left unattended to explore the depths of their eerie new redence. With Dane paying more attention to Julie, he has far less time and patience for his little brother. But then everything changes when they find a nister bottomless hole under a locked trap door in the basement.

As the brothers experiment with the hole, they realize that the cold pit goes on forever. They drop a nail and never hear it hit bottom. They lower a flashlight and a video camera, and they get consumed by the darkness. Hoping for some answers about the house's past, Dane and Lucas bring Julie in on their new discovery. When the hole is exposed, evil is unleashed. With strange shadows lurking around every corner and past nightmares coming to life, the trio will have to come face-to-face with their darkest fears to put an end to THE HOLE.

http://youtu.be/s6OVFPbEEx0

The Hole will make its debut in theaters on September 28th and then become available on DVD, Blu-ray, and VOD on October 2nd from Big Air Studios.

Chris Massoglia, Haley Bennett, Nathan Gamble, with Bruce Dern and Teri Polo star in the film which was written by Mark L. Smith.

Source: the 'Bid
Anonymous Tuesday 8/28/2012 at 09:16 PM | 95895
Thank you for sharing.
duchung304 Wednesday 8/29/2012 at 06:54 AM | 95909
Have I stept into a time warp I swear this came out a couple of years ago, or was that a different film called the hole with the same premise????? Which I remember being very good, it reminded me alot of The Gate.
krsdacritter Wednesday 8/29/2012 at 02:58 PM | 95917
I didn't think I was that crazy this is the 2009 film lol from IMDB Top 5000 The Hole (2009) 12A 92 min

-

Adventure | Fantasy | Thriller

-

22 September 2010 (UK) 5.8 Your rating: -/10

Ratings: 5.8/10 from 7,510 users

Reviews: 42 user | 100 critic

A pair of brothers stumble upon a mysterious hole in their basement that leads to the darkest corridors of their fears and nightmares.

Director: Joe Dante Writer: Mark L. Smith Stars: Chris Massoglia, Haley Bennett and Nathan Gamble | See full cast and crew
krsdacritter Wednesday 8/29/2012 at 03:01 PM | 95918
I watched The Hole at the weekend after seeing this article, For any body that hasn't seen it if you like The Gate this is milar but alot better, A really good kids Horror film that in my opinion is a lot creepier than most adult horror films of recent years, It's not a clasc but well worth a look. 7/10
krsdacritter Tuesday 9/11/2012 at 01:24 PM | 96257