Forums Horror Movie Talk
JUNO (what's a juno?)

Ok... first off, I NEVER watch these types of movies. But the truth is, I've never seen a movie quite like it before. Don't know what was... but it felt more real than most movies

you'll see these days. ALL of the acting is perfect... spot on, adding to the realism of the picture. The story was mple, not at all boring, and the characters were creatively placed exactly where they needed to be. There were also a few good songs throughout the film. Man this movie really suprised me. I actually started watching it, stopped, then found myself wanting more... so I went back and finished it.Great movie.

So... if your girl wants you to watch this, or you're just bored, give it a shot. You might get suprised yourself.
Myers31TKD Tuesday 2/05/2008 at 09:58 AM | 2093
I'm a movie nut (went to school for a time just learning about film) so I always see all the candidates for the Academy's Best Picture of the Year.

I'm going to see Juno this weekend so I'll post up my thoughts then.

I've seen: Atonement There will be Blood

and I've got to see: Juno No Country for Old men Michael Clayton
DaShape Wednesday 2/06/2008 at 04:02 AM | 2128
So I just got back from seeing "JUNO".

I was a bit unsettled with the first 15 minutes.

Something about it rubbed me wrong, maybe highschool kids having sex?

nce I'm much older than High School kids that kind of stuff in movies always make me feel a bit awkward (ex: SuperBad).

However, right when I thought I wasn't going to enjoy the movie I'm pleased to report it took an incredible turn for the best and I found myself really relating to the characters.

Absolutely should be nominated for Best Picture (even though I'm still ding with "No Country For Old Men").

Go see this film, you'll find yourself really enjoying it the more it goes on.
DaShape Saturday 2/09/2008 at 11:13 PM | 2240
So I just got back from seeing "JUNO".

I was a bit unsettled with the first 15 minutes.

Something about it rubbed me wrong, maybe highschool kids having sex?

nce I'm much older than High School kids that kind of stuff in movies always make me feel a bit awkward (ex: SuperBad).

However, right when I thought I wasn't going to enjoy the movie I'm pleased to report it took an incredible turn for the best and I found myself really relating to the characters.

Absolutely should be nominated for Best Picture (even though I'm still ding with "No Country For Old Men").

Go see this film, you'll find yourself really enjoying it the more it goes on.

haha... I agree about the teen sex thing. I didn't feel all that weird with this movie, knowing that the actress playing Juno is almost 21. But I know what you mean.

And yeah... it deserves a nomination at least.
Myers31TKD Saturday 2/09/2008 at 11:51 PM | 2242