Forums DVD & Blu-rays
"Sleepwalkers" Blu-Ray Review

I recently managed to snag myself a couple of gned copies of Stephen King's "Sleepwalkers" from a DVD/Blu-Ray gning. Having never really seen the movie all the way through & looking to add some gnatures I don't have to my collection, I figured I would pick it up.

This is, without a doubt, one of the strangest movies I've ever seen. I couldn't tell if it was trying to be horror or a dark comedy. It's a great way to kill 90 minutes though. Looking at the specs of the disc:

Technical Specs BD-25 ngle-Layer Disc Region A Locked

Video Resolution/Codec 1080p/AVC MPEG-4

Aspect Ratio(s) 1.85:1

Audio Formats English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo

Subtitles/Captions English SDH Spanish

Supplements Trailer

The picture & video quality are excellent; I was playing this on a PS3. Where this release loses major points with me is the lack of special features. When you look at the cast of "Sleepwalkers", there are A LOT of big name horror stars in it. I was really hoping to see a making of feature or cast & crew interviews on this. But all you get is the theatrical trailer. This is my problem with some of these movies getting released to Blu-Ray like this. Special Features get treated like chopped liver so the studios can make a quick buck.

Much like the blu-ray release of the 1985 "Fright Night", this is a great grab for die hard fans of the movie. But if you're a casual fan, save yourself a few bucks & get it on DVD as opposed to Blu-Ray.
CZW_CJBecker Sunday 9/16/2012 at 02:27 AM | 96457
Thank you for sharing.
duchung304 Tuesday 9/18/2012 at 01:26 PM | 96540