Forums Trailers and Videos
Elijah Wood Gets Bloody In the International Trailer For 'Maniac'

It seems like its been forever nce we heard as much as a peep from Franck Khalfoun's retelling of the William Lustig

cult-clasc Maniac. But low and behold, like a knight in shining armor comes a brand new trailer for the film with enough international flavor to turn any naysayer into a firm believer. Check it out below.

Frank is the withdrawn owner of a mannequin store, but his life changes when young artist Anna appears asking for his help with her new exhibition. As their friendship develops and Frank's obseson escalates, it becomes clear that she has unleashed a long-repressed compulon to stalk and kill."

http://i47.tinypic.com/vrc35s.jpg" class="photoborder" />

A 21st century Jack the Ripper set in present-day LA, MANIAC is a re-boot of the cult film condered by many to be the most suspenseful slasher movie ever made - an intimate, visually daring, psychologically complex and profoundly horrific trip into the downward spiralling nightmare of a killer and his victims.

Elijah Wood plays the role of Frank Zito, a serial killer who works at a shop that sells antique mannequins. Nora Arnezeder (Safe House) co-stars in the film with a screenplay submitted by Alexandre Aja, C.A. Rosenberg, and Grégory Levasseur.

Look for the film to hit sometime next year.

Source: The Film Stage
Anonymous Tuesday 11/06/2012 at 12:48 AM | 97637
This looks fucking INCREDIBLE!!!
joshk1986 Tuesday 11/06/2012 at 07:51 AM | 97642
love the original and theres no way joe spinells performance can ever be topped but i have always respected elijah wood's acting ability and body of work also watching this fine trailer i will give this one an honest shot/watch i will try not to critically beat into the ground

that is all
madnmacabremofo Friday 11/09/2012 at 07:39 AM | 97697
Im not a big fan of the original so this will be a breath of fresh air.
Detective Cameron Sunday 11/11/2012 at 04:32 PM | 97727