Forums Horror Movie Talk
Amityville Horror Sequel - multimedia approach?

Look what the BD is talking about the sequel:

Last night we reported that MGM was prepping a direct-to-disc sequel to THE AMITYVILLE HORROR, which would take on a "multimedia" approach. While our tipster was in fact 100% on the nose, he was completely wrong about what was meant by "multimedia"... We learned that MGM has officially gned on a writer (we'll see if we can find out who) with the approach that the film will be in the vein of the Sci-Fi Channel show GHOST HUNTERS, one of my favorites shows on TV. The term "multimedia" was being used to represent the tools that will be used in the haunted house. So long as it's better than HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION and as good as the indie feature PARANORMAL ACTIVITY, count me in.

Source: Bloody Disgusting

Maybe they'll try to do something like The Blair Witch, but that stupid idea of head cams it's a very bad idea. They're going to do the worst sequel of Amytiville ever, you'll see... Personally, I hated Halloween: Ressurection, and if this sequel is going to the same way, didn't waste my time to see this sequel...
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 09:24 AM | 21222
They're going to do the worst sequel of Amytiville ever, you'll see... Personally, I hated Halloween: Ressurection, and if this sequel is going to the same way, didn't waste my time to see this sequel...

Agreed, that whole video/online point of view story line fad is over in my book.

Come up with something more original or don't do it at all.

Halloween Resurrection was also one of my least favorite Halloween films . . . mostly due to the whole camera/web idea.

DaShape Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 01:05 PM | 21241
Maybe I'm the only Halloween fan in the whole earth who hates Halloween: Ressurection?
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 01:47 PM | 21248
Maybe I'm the only Halloween fan in the whole earth who hates Halloween: Ressurection?

Hate is a strong word . . . but it's absolutely one of my least favorites of the franchise.
DaShape Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 01:54 PM | 21252

Hate is a strong word . . . but it's absolutely one of my least favorites of the franchise.

You're right, J. I shouldn't said HATE... It's because I'm really disapointed with the last sequels of some of my favorite movies, as Halloween. I can't believe that Rosenthal (but I'm not sure if he has some guilty indeed) put BUSTA RHYMES to act together with Curtis! And he made that thing of head cam... But I agreed, J, disapointed it's the correct word.
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 02:07 PM | 21256
I really hope they dont follow through with this.

Halloween Ressurection wasn't TOO bad but it was a weak movie.

They did cast some hotties though....

I mean BUSTA, who can rest? haha
Evildsm Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 03:28 PM | 21264