Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
New 'Evil Dead' Is 100% Guaranteed CGI-Free!!

It seems like most films these days are consumed by generous doses of CGI, and horror films are no exception. With that idea fresh in your mind, what would you say if we told you the upcoming remake of Evil Dead is going to be free of any sort of computer asstance? Save your comments until after the jump.

Back in October i09 caught up with the Uruguayan director Fede Alvarez who revealed this jubilant news, along with a few other Evil Dead tidbits.

"We didn't do any CGI in the movie. There's no CGI in the movie. Everything you will see is real, which was really demanding. This was a very long shoot, 70 days of shooting at night. There's a reason people use CGI it's cheaper and faster, I hate that. We researched a lot of magic tricks and illuon tricks.

how you would make someone's arm disappear."

"There's a moment where a girl goes through her arm with a kitchen knife — spoiler alert. And we knew nce day one the camera would start wide, she goes for the knife, you see her arm, she starts going for it. And you think they're going to cut away at any moment, but we don't. She just goes for it and screams and the arm breaks and falls. So we really pushed the boundaries there, trying to create those illuons... It has a particularly bloody ending. The last scene is just... I want it to be the bloodiest scene, ever. And I think it is."

As for the "raping tree" scene:

"This is not a clasc being remade by a big studio, it's still his film. It's the guys from the original. I didn't write one scene and

asked "where's my raping tree?" So *types on the table and whistles* raping scene, there you go. But it has to be way more terrible than the original."

We can also expect to see an epic amount of gore:

"It is gory, that's for sure. There is a line that Sam always talks about, the line between horror and comedy. You go too far and everyone starts laughing, but if you hit the right place everyone is scared to death. We were always standing on that line. And sometimes gore can be very funny, guts falling out blood splashing all over the place. It's not that kind of gory film. It is has a lot of blood. A lot of blood. I would come back home every day after shooting covered in blood... It is a very gory film. People had to cover themselves in plastic bags because there was blood and splatter everywhere."

http://youtu.be/pvDLWlxxcak

For the full interview, click HERE.

Evil Dead hits theaters nationwide on April, 12th.

Source: io9
Anonymous Sunday 1/06/2013 at 11:11 PM | 99484
This is the first remake/reimagining I've actually looked forward to and this news has put the bow around. I would rather watch rubber suits and poor fx than cgi everyday. Practical FX rule, and this looks brutal
krsdacritter Tuesday 1/08/2013 at 03:53 PM | 99525
I love that this is CGI free I really love old school special effects. Its probably why I like Hatchet so much because it was completely CGI free.
Spaced Saturday 1/12/2013 at 02:50 AM | 99589