Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
UPDATE: "Texas Chainsaw 3D" Sequel Shooting Later This Year?? Bizarre New Title Confusing!

UPDATE: According to the rights holders for the film, Carl Mazzacone and executive producer Mark Burg, it's now being reported that there has actually been ZERO progress made on a posble sequel as of yet. And also that Millennium Films' Avi Lerner should have never stated otherwise.

"Millennium mply sold the foreign rights, and they will not tell us when a sequel is ready to be made," says Burg. "The script was developed by Carl, myself and writer/director John Luessenhop. Millennium and about ten producers came aboard only when we needed their check. Maybe they’re looking for something to sell at Berlin, but they have no right to announce this sequel, and if we make another, it has to be as good or better than this one and that takes time."

Previous Report:

Just one day after "Texas Chainsaw 3D" hit theaters, it was revealed that producers were already planning a sequel. Now we have a confirmation of the news, with Deadline reporting that Millennium Films will begin shooting the new film, supposedly called "Texas Chainsaw 4," in Louiana later this year.

It's not clear why the title is "Texas Chainsaw 4," nce the new movie will be the eighth installment in the franchise. "Texas Chainsaw 3D" is a sequel to the original 1974 film, so the upcoming movie should at least be called "Texas Chainsaw 3." Or maybe the producers feel that nce the latest film has a "3D" in the title, the next one should have a "4" in there.

The reason why the decion to move forward with another installment was so easy, is because the $20 million "Texas Chainsaw 3D" grossed $23 million during its opening weekend, taking first place at the domestic box office and knocking "The Hobbit" from its top spot.

Read more:

http://worstpreviews.com/headline.php?i ... z2HWrGFp8A

Source:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/millenn ... -massacre/
Shakelford, J. Rusty Wednesday 1/09/2013 at 11:47 PM | 99541
there was already a 3 and the next generation not sure why there making a sequel part 2 was the sequel.im turning my head right now.why not leatherface vs jason
riffmaster chris Thursday 1/10/2013 at 12:26 AM | 99545
I was confused about the title myself. Texas Chainsaw 3D isn't a third installment its a movie in 3D. So there is going to be 2 sequels and posbly 2 3rd installments. I am not sure how you would put these in order if you were having a TCM movie marathon.
Spaced Saturday 1/12/2013 at 02:46 AM | 99588