Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
Stripe & Gizmo Getting A Facelift? A "Gremlins" Remake May Be In The Works

It's no surprise that our beloved genre has succumbed to more remakes than any other genre. And every day more and more clascs are receiving the trendy new facelift. Needless to say when we stumbled across this next nugget of news we weren't surprised one bit, even if it is just a rumor.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2sd4k.

According to Vulture.com, Warner Bros. Pictures is negotiating with Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment to reboot their 1984 horror comedy, Gremlins, which was originally directed by Joe Dante.

Although this isn't the first time that negotiations of this sort have happened. An inde source close to Vulture, is pretty confident that the posbilities are very favorable. However, it should be noted that if the project does come to fruition, the chances that Spielberg would be in the directors chair are pretty slim -- as he only executive produced the original.

When notified, a Spielberg spokesman said that the appropriate executives were not available for comment. So keep it parked here as we try to dig up some more deets...

Source: Vulture
Anonymous Thursday 1/17/2013 at 05:37 AM | 99703
Hopefully Joe Dante will get to direct again, but is there really any need for a remake?
krsdacritter Thursday 1/17/2013 at 04:21 PM | 99705
There were plans once, about a Gremlins 3D..but again, that is just rumour..I hope they do a sequel, not a remake...give the little buggers some new playground... I hope i don't get some angry folks here when i ask: Could a Critters remake be in the works too?

But Gremlins 3 or what ever they will call it, will probably happen...and I'm looking forward to it;-)
UberJason78 Thursday 1/17/2013 at 10:34 PM | 99711