Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
Evil Dead Hit With NC-17 Rating, Recut For An R Rating

Thus far everything we've seen from Fede Alvarez's remake of Evil Dead has been gory to the bone. And after witnesng all the excesve violence that was spawned from the red-band trailer, one could only wonder how the film could draw an R-rating. Well it looks as if all those in question were right.

Alvarez took to Twitter today to answer a fan's question regarding the film's rating.

"Was proud of scoring a NC17 when submitted! But we had to cut stuff out to get an R and get the film into theaters."

Hopefully this means we'll still be getting a nice dose of blood and guts, with all the rest of the excesve gore/violence saved for the Blu-ray/DVD home video release.

Evil Dead hits theaters on April 12th.
Anonymous Tuesday 1/29/2013 at 01:38 AM | 99883
I don't understand why it's so bad getting an NC-17. It might be a lot different here in Australia, but when a film gets the R rating (our veron of NC-17) here, the film still gets in every theatre and depending on what the film is, the rating doesn't seem to affect the box office that much. If the film is intended for persons over 17 or 18, then what's the problem?

An example for us Auses is Wolf Creek. That got the big R rating and it was still a box office hit
joshk1986 Tuesday 1/29/2013 at 01:58 AM | 99885
the problem is that most theaters won't run a nc17 film, or if they do, it will be extremely limited...
jswaffxxx Tuesday 1/29/2013 at 04:09 AM | 99890
I for one wish they would start making NC-17 films on a regular. Horror movies dont need to be toned down, they are supposed to be disturbing! Plus, its not like they would actually lose any money. Who are horror films made for? Teenagers. How old do you have to be to watch a rated R movie? 17. I dont see the problem. Bedes the few parents that take their kids to see horror films, they are geared towards an older audience!
JohnCorley92 Tuesday 1/29/2013 at 04:30 AM | 99891
horror is for eeevvvreeeerrryyyyooooonnnneeeeeee
aceofspades70 Wednesday 1/30/2013 at 01:28 AM | 99894